First weight loss since diagnosis

Defren

With my eating being as bad as it has been, I have been anxious yet eagerly anticipating this result. In 6 weeks I have lost 28 pounds. A bit to fast for my liking, but it is what it is, and being that much thinner, I am bound to have helped my diabetes somewhat.

Defren

shop said:
Well done Defren :) I am sure you have helped your diabetes. :)

Thank you shop. I was really quite surprised, pleased but not happy if that makes sense. I wanted to loose a little slower to make sure it stays off. That said, I am heavily into ketosis, so think it will continue to come off, and not sneak back on :D

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
You done good there girl :thumbup: couldn't of been easy

SweetHeart

Wonderful Jo! :clap: :thumbup:

I am sooooo jealous! :wink: I'm not doing as brilliantly as you are but I am getting there slowly!

Julia

Defren

mistee71 said:
You done good there girl :thumbup: couldn't of been easy

Thanks Mistee, it was very easy :lol: The Metformin made it so I couldn't eat. Some days I was between 200-300 cals a day, but mainly between 400-500 and I was so full I just couldn't eat a thing more. Today so far is 822, yesterday was 260. Today is much better, but when you think 1,200 is around what we all should be eating, it shows how bad and out of kilter mine is at the moment.

Thanks shop, it's the Metformin, not me - honestly. :D

Thanks Julia, must admit I do feel better with those 28 pounds gone. It would be nice to keep going downwards. I would be happy with just a pound or two a week if it was a regular thing. One tip, drink loads of water, it helps.

SweetHeart

I was having trouble with the water drinking. I hate the taste of it, even if it's filtered, but I've solved that now with the teeniest tiniest splash of lemon squash.

It's ok you saying it was the Met, but I remember reading how dreadful you felt so it really cannot have been easy for you, feeling that bad. Do you feel better now that you are more used to the Met?

Julia

Defren

SweetHeart said:
I was having trouble with the water drinking. I hate the taste of it, even if it's filtered, but I've solved that now with the teeniest tiniest splash of lemon squash.

It's ok you saying it was the Met, but I remember reading how dreadful you felt so it really cannot have been easy for you, feeling that bad. Do you feel better now that you are more used to the Met?

Julia

My fellow water hater :D I drink it with a tiny splash of no added sugar squash, and that does it for me. It was hard initially, but pleased to say that with the massive uppage of Vit D and added Vit B12 as well as the acai berry, bitter melon and this week started the gymnema I feel fit as a flea. Skin and hair are the best they have been since I had pregnancy hormones making me 'glow'. It's been a funny old life in the six weeks since diagnosis, but I can say I feel better than I have in years.

Elc1112

Wow, that's great. Well done :) Keep up the good work and don't get disheartened if the weight loss starts to slow down or even plateau - it's not uncommon but you will get past it.

Have you got a target weight loss in mind?

Em x

Defren

Elc1112 said:
Wow, that's great. Well done :) Keep up the good work and don't get disheartened if the weight loss starts to slow down or even plateau - it's not uncommon but you will get past it.

Have you got a target weight loss in mind?

Em x

Thanks so much Em the support and encouragement is amazing, it really does make a huge difference. I would prefer to to slow a bit, as it's then likely to stay off. No real target weight, just trying to give my pancreas a chance to give me the most normal BG it can. I can't imagine being slim, as I have been 'tubby' for around 15 years, getting a little more so each year I think. :lol:

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Well done! You should be proud of yourself :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Brilliant result!!! Who says you have to do the E word to lose weight. I am chuffed for you Jo xxx :clap: :clap: :clap:

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Defren.
appl.gif

I seem to be running a parallel course to you. I have been following your progress around the threads and have been saying "me too" on quite a few posts. I promise I'm not a stalker I just read everything in an attempt to get to grips with my diabetes. :D

I have tried to loose weight for soooooo many years and fear voicing my weight loss since I started on a low carb diet in case I wake up and find I was dreaming.

Defren

Thank you all so much. I can't begin to tell you how much of a boost all this support is, it really makes me want to go forward fighting and achieve more. Jeannemum, I think you more than most have been through this rollercoaster with me. Seeing the bad days and the even worse days calorie wise, you've told me off, offered advice, and just been an all round good egg. Thanks, I owe you!! xx

Catza, stalk away j/k. I am pleased that things that have been happening to me have happened to you. I don't mean that in a bad way, as I have had some pretty yukky days, but that by us both going through similar things, we realise that we really are not alone on this journey. I hope that soon, you can feel as healthy and positive as I do now. Not always good, but certainly more good than bad xx

A

Anonymous

Defren said:
Thank you all so much. I can't begin to tell you how much of a boost all this support is, it really makes me want to go forward fighting and achieve more. Jeannemum, I think you more than most have been through this rollercoaster with me. Seeing the bad days and the even worse days calorie wise, you've told me off, offered advice, and just been an all round good egg. Thanks, I owe you!! xx

Catza, stalk away j/k. I am pleased that things that have been happening to me have happened to you. I don't mean that in a bad way, as I have had some pretty yukky days, but that by us both going through similar things, we realise that we really are not alone on this journey. I hope that soon, you can feel as healthy and positive as I do now. Not always good, but certainly more good than bad xx

Awww, shucks, it was a pleasure :oops:

youngmanfrank

Your stated calories are so far below those normally needed that you are in effect doing a Newcastle Diet.Your body must be metabolising body fat in order to generate the energy you need,hence the weight loss.

Your Hb on diagnosis was low enough that you could turn things around very quickly in respect of your diabetes.The Newcastle diet was 800 calories a day for 8 weeks,don't stop until you have hit a weight within a normal BMI range.

You are probably not feeling hungry because your blood sugars are being constantly topped up by fat conversion.

Grazer

Well done Defren! I wouldn't worry about the pounds coming back - if you keep the carbs down, it seems to keep the weight down. I had to start stuffing tons of nuts to stop too many pounds coming off! Now stabilised at a good weight.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
that is a great weightloss Def!!! 2 stones :)

here's to lots more weight loss :)

Defren

Thank you everyone. I am really pleased now I have time to absorb it. I just had to keep checking and checking the figures, I couldn't believe it was that much, but it is. Atkins low carb works, not only for weight loss but for diabetes control. I am living proof.