Flex links

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Just wondered if anyone has had a flex link tubing come unclipped?
Had my 3rd one happen yesterday
It might be my own fault not sure though

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
as @Engineer88 says :) I seem to remember something about one of the sets having this problem but can not remember which one.

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

In all the years that I used the Combo pump with Flexlink sets, Ive never had the clip coming unattached from the set. The set is well designed and has the tube clip needle inside a clear plastic funnel that literally slides over another funnel on the set itself - male to female connection. You cant go wrong but maybe what you are not doing is pushing the clip connection down on the set firmlyenough and that might be the reason why the tube clip is coming undone.

@masonbason63 lol I think it was you that reported problems with the steel needle breaking off the set???

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
In all the years that I used the Combo pump with Flexlink sets, Ive never had the clip coming unattached from the set. The set is well designed and has the tube clip needle inside a clear plastic funnel that literally slides over another funnel on the set itself - male to female connection. You cant go wrong but maybe what you are not doing is pushing the clip connection down on the set firmlyenough and that might be the reason why the tube clip is coming undone.

@masonbason63 lol I think it was you that reported problems with the steel needle breaking off the set???
There was a report at some point about a set no idea which it was regarding the tubing coming away so it might not have been the flexilink.

Just as well @masonbason63 reported the steel needles breaking as loads were withdrawn from Roche as well as Animas notifying users of the problem.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Yes I've had problems with the rapids then the Tenderlinks but I've used these flex's since early Nov I'll give them a ring tomorrow morning. I'm sure it's my fault but I will make ROCHE aware