Flu spray effects ?

Gemmablower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was wondering how parents have found the flu spray?
My little one is 3years old and had her shot 10 days ago and still running high??
Bg was fine before the shot.
She had a fever on day 3 and few sniffles and sneezes 2 days ago but seems genrally ok in herself just ridiculous bg levels.
It coming up to our first year diagnosed so we have not had to endure the flu spray effects before so interested to know how others have found the effects linger on for? Xx

twinklystar

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Gemma,
My little boy has just turned 4 and he was diagnosed in January. He had his preschool booster immunisation in April and I noticed that is bg were higher than usual for about a week. He hasn't had his fu spray yet but I think the effects might be similar as its a vaccine, hope this has helped xx

Reactions: 2 people

Gemmablower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @twinklystar we have had a few weeks with highs sniffles etc but think combined with less activity being poorly and term time at nursery it's really knocked things about.
Our evenings seem to be the worst with big rises at night time have been correcting almost every night for the last week but holding off adjusting anything till she's back at nursery and in her normal routine again.
Hope your little one gets on ok with flu spray, got to say it's so much easier for little ones having the spray rather than the jab. Xx

Emmadixon

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi ladies my son his 3 where also coming up to a year since diagnosis (Feb) this is the first time we did the flu spray, other than been high the first night his bs settled down, that said where now batteling with morning hypos if there's one thing iv learned there barely any predictability in diabetes and not case is the same x

Lottiebish88

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My son has the nasal spray and a day later he had a high temperature and was really lethargic. It probably took nearly 2 weeks for his levels to go back to normal.

Gemmablower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone it's been a rough ride after a string of colds coughs and fevers and battling highs she developed mild case of pneumonia. She's just finished a course of antibiotics and is hopefully now on the mend. It was her first ever flu spray and as she's only just 3 years old it really knocked her about. Xxx