Foot health question. Losing hair on toes

daveepickup

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
So today whilst i was showering i noticed that both my big toes and little toes were nearly completely hairless compared to the rest of my toes. Should i be concerned? Ive recently had a foot health check and was deemed to be at low risk but the nurse did mention that a warning sign of any issues could be loss of hair on my legs or feet.

Am i being unduly worried and should i continue to monitor or should i seek advice from the doctor?

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
So today whilst i was showering i noticed that both my big toes and little toes were nearly completely hairless compared to the rest of my toes.

Hi Daveepickup, I was told the exact same thing on my annual review. Luckily I have Hobbit feet although I was none too sure about being complimented on my hairy toes. Whether there is any truth in this I really don't know - might be just be genetics. Be interesting to hear what others say.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
So today whilst i was showering i noticed that both my big toes and little toes were nearly completely hairless compared to the rest of my toes. Should i be concerned? Ive recently had a foot health check and was deemed to be at low risk but the nurse did mention that a warning sign of any issues could be loss of hair on my legs or feet.

Am i being unduly worried and should i continue to monitor or should i seek advice from the doctor?
Hi Dave I was told the same thing many years ago as well. Obviously if you are worried then talk to your Dr so he can put your mind at rest. Having diabetes though it's a must that you keep an eye on your feet, which you are obviously doing.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi
Just flicking through a few posts and this caught my attention.
It's not a good sign, loss of hair is a possible early sign of vascular problems, so I would say get back to the doctor, and get your feet re-checked.
What are your HbA1c, fasting BS, and diet like?
If you put this up, I'm sure others can advise with lifestyle changes.