1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Footcare - Veruccas

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by AlanEadie, Jul 26, 2013.

1. AlanEadie

AlanEadie · Member

I would very much appreciate some advice on effective treatment for veruccas when you are Diabetic Type 2.

Obviously the more usual acid treatments are out. Lots of homeopathic options no doubt but having had veruccas for many years I am looking for a treatment that is effective?

Help.

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

As part of your diabetes check-up you are entitled to be seen by a Podiatrist if you suffer from problems with your feet, I would be inclined to ask them first before buying any treatment as some can be harmful to diabetic feet.

3. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

contact your local hospital trust podiary department. As a diagnosed diabetic, you can self refer. Don't mess with verrucas by yourself.
    Hana

4. Hooked

Hooked · Guest

I recently found one on my foot. Well, I felt it, my partner confirmed what I felt as my eyesight isn't great. I rang to see podiatrist and was told they no longer treat them, that they just suggest home use treatments you can pick up in chemist.

I'm still going to see them though, as I have numbness/pain I'm my other foot. Hoping they will treat the verruca for me to as I wouldn't be able to see if I'm doing it properly or if its gone by myself.

I'm T1.

5. Ophipity

Ophipity · Newbie

My chiropodist has advised me to apply tea tree oil every day. I have a cluster of veruccas and they are slowly disappearing.

6. peter_s

peter_s Type 2 · Active Member

You can apply all sorts of treatment, or you can just wait until they go away. Takes about the same length of time.

7. Hooked

Hooked · Guest

I wouldn't advise just waiting till they go away. Years ago I had one and ignored it. It ended up covering the entire sole of my heel. No exaggeration.

8. SpaceChick

SpaceChick · Well-Known Member

Lemon oil works a treat.

9. Sarahfergo

Sarahfergo · Well-Known Member

Just be very careful as I know some one who went to see a chiropodist and they mistaked a diabetic ulcer for a verruca and cut it out now this person is going to have his foot amputated for there mistake!!

10. amazinmo

amazinmo Type 2 · Member

my chiropodist told me an old fashioned cure is banana skin takes a while but works

11. Mrspuddle

Mrspuddle · Well-Known Member

Duct tape works a treat! Seriously worked for me when the freezing option from the doc left me with a nasty infection! Lots of websites with info on how to use it

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

12. Morganator

Morganator · Well-Known Member

I can vouch for this, my podiatrist gave me a roll of tape and it worked wonders. It was like the sticky bandage they use for ankles & wrists.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook