For Weight Loss, Less Exercise May Be More

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Nice bit of science illustrating one of Taubes' central points, that exercise is not very effective for weight loss, because (unsurprisingly) burning more calories causes you to eat more:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/1 ... ight-loss/

Food diaries for the group burning 600 calories a day reveal that they subsequently were increasing the size of their meals and snacks, although the additional caloric intake wasn’t enough to explain the difference in their results. “They probably were eating more” than they jotted down, Mr. Rosenkilde speculates.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
catherinecherub wrote
And here we have another article suggesting that some people will eat more after exercise and some will eat less

Having read the article, I'm not sure what they found.
That there's a window after exercising, where your appetite is temporarily suppressed ?
That every time you want to eat you should get exercising ?

I'm all for balance, but it was the same people who had different reactions to food pictures.
I suspect that after EATING (i.e. not exercising), I would react less to food pictures.
Perhaps eating, not exercise is the key to weight loss ?

I like the caveat, though :D

Those results may not be typical, though.

Geoff

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, :)

If your stomach tells your brain to eat or Vice Versa. What tells your brain to exercise.

Lucky for me my brain told me to get a wee doggy. ( ok probably a greyhound).

Roy. :)

Hi i am here to share some tips for loss your weight with the help of excercise running and jogging is the best Way of excercise to loss a weight. but if you dont have a time do this separtely then no worries try by yourself like do not use lift go with steps and use to walk as usuall for office going from home to get a bus...

Charlye

Hey Mike (moakley39)
I am a T1 myself but also a personal trainer. COPD patients usually benefit from 20-30mins of cardio exercise 3-5 times a week. Interval training or circuit training may be better, rather than the same exercise for the whole workout. Interval training will also raise your fitness levels more efficiently than say running or walking on a treadmill. Also body weight or free weight exercises to increase upper limb strength, benefits a lot of people with COPD. But it all really depends on the person, every individual is different! And with you having neuropathy as well, lifting weights may not be a good idea, it also uses up glucose much faster, but again, it all depends on your own limitations. I would suggest you have a chat with your doctor and see if there is a chance you could be referred to a Personal Trainer specialized in GP Referred Clients. They would be able to work with you one on one, and develop a programme especially for your specific needs. But exercise and increasing your fitness levels are a fantastic thing to do for both COPD and Neuorpathy and is also brilliant for Diabetes. Good luck! :)

Are you struggling to loss of weight? your ready to loss some weight iam given some sugestions.

fist identfy select body suitable exercises
don't compare to other
natural proteins using
eating daily food calories limit
daily walking

it is beter and simply way to loss of weight