Forced to move pump clinics?

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
My pump nurse has just said to me
I can no longer be seen at my pump clinic because I've moved out of area, the hospital and community hospital are both further away from me than my current one and are difficult for me to reach as I don't have a car.
When I brought up NHS choices, she said it doesn't apply as they're funded by the community outreach and they won't fund someone whom is out of the area.
Does anyone have any experience with this and can anyone offer some advise on what can be done?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi Lucy, perhaps contact INPUT they might be able to advise. You also need to talk to your GP and find out how the funding works or the commissioning group that provides the funds.

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or plan C go to the press. It's disgusting the excuses these clinics etc use. Or plan D. Register yourself at an address nearer the old clinic.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I attend a pump clinic out of my area for treatment. However I had to get funding agreed from my local PCT. Once the funding was in place it was fine and I just continue to the clinic I prefer. I think it's the funding they worry about.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I too attend a hospital pump clinic out of my CCG area and I would not go to the 2 within my CCG under any circumstances.

(PCT's were renamed as (CCG's).

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
Apparently because my old pump clinic was part of the community, they cannot see outside of area. If the clinic was at the hospital I wouldn't have this problem.
I can't register at a GP out of my area, so they can't see me.

I've requested to be seen at a hospital with a dedicated pump clinic, which is out of my area, but easier for me to get to than the two clinics in my area.

Reactions: 2 people