Forum members talents?

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wondered what talents people here have? I've just noticed @JACKTHELAD's link on his signature and have been listening for the last half hour or so. I like the music Jack, it's not the usual stuff I listen to but a change is as good as a rest ;) Favourite so far is Acid :wacky:

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Wondered what talents people here have? I've just noticed @JACKTHELAD's link on his signature and have been listening for the last half hour or so. I like the music Jack, it's not the usual stuff I listen to but a change is as good as a rest ;) Favourite so far is Acid :wacky:
Thank you for the kind words.
The Acid one seems to be a favourite with lots of people.
My favourite at the moment is The Film.
It's a work in progress and will be shortened.
It's a favourite to me because more than being a tune it's an experiment for me in rhythm and atmosphere.
I'm pleased with the results so far but like I say more editing to do on it and it's pure computer music.
Mostly experimental sound sculpting.
Just a hobby but I would love to put a background together for a news show or docu or advertising.
BBC 24 is an example of computer music selling that isn't very musical as it's just some swirly synth sounds and a stab stab stab to get your attention .... this is the news stab stab stab.
It works and it's simple and the guy who knocked it up got a few thousand quid.
Anyway thanks .... not sure if the word talent applies but it's nice of you to say.

Reactions: 6 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyway thanks .... not sure if the word talent applies but it's nice of you to say.

I think anyone who can make music, with instruments or computers, is very talented! Most of us wouldn't even know where to start ;)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rowan .. What talent do you have ?

My talent is to be totally talentless in every way :D I come from generations of very talented artists and musicians, some quite famous, but it seems to have bypassed me completety! :confused:

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm with Marvin, Mrspuddleduck an Fi2000, I can sleep for England and put my big put in anything!

Fi2000

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to play the recorder and violin (badly) when I was but a young girl. But my son plays the trumpet.

Reactions: 8 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to play the recorder and violin (badly) when I was but a young girl. But my son plays the trumpet.

Oh good grief! My son played electric guitar, mainly Hendrix and Clapton, so that wasn't too hard on the ears! lol!
I was in the school recorder group and choir, can't say it was a particular talent though. Although actually the reorder thing was good, I could never read music no matter how hard I tried, but the teacher never realised! I'd bluff my way though while listening to everyone else then was able to play by ear, so I suppose that was a minor talent! ;)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
My talent is to be totally talentless in every way :D I come from generations of very talented artists and musicians, some quite famous, but it seems to have bypassed me completety! :confused:
That might be more a blessing than a curse!

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's me, too :). I had an ancestor in Victorian times who was a celebrated viola player and who ended up becoming the second wife of Sir Charles Hallé (of orchestra fame). I played the trumpet (badly) when I was young and tried to learn guitar but couldn't stick with it. The music gene has obviously skipped a generation, because my son is an excellent drummer (Grade 8, with distinction) so I'm waiting for him to join a mega-successful band so that he can support his ageing and idle parents in their dotage :D

I sail, and I'm quite a competent helmsman but I'm not sure that counts as a talent....

Reactions: 8 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I like writing a little dark poetry every now and then. I wouldn't call it a talent, I just like it !

Have posted a couple of my own on the poetry thread here (and got a couple of likes in the process, Yay !...)

I played the clarinet for years and was pretty good but broke my hands and finger so many times (due to being a dedicated and committed alcoholic for twenty years up till 2004) that it hurt to play it. I ended up giving my instrument to my God daughter many years ago when she took up lessons in school.

I love snooker and played darts for two teams in my younger years (had to give up the darts due to a shoulder replacement (drink again !) in 1998 !

If only things had been a little different I could have been world champion !

Oh I'm also a talented fantacist !

Reactions: 15 people

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
One of my talents is drawing. I use graphite and colored pencils to create portraits of people and animals. I have recently begun a small website showing some of my drawings. If you fancy a peep you can check it out here... www.carolleatherportraits.com.

Regards,

Carol

Reactions: 21 people

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
Thank you for the encouragement, Daisy. :)

Regards,

Carol

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like writing a little dark poetry every now and then. I wouldn't call it a talent, I just like it !

I left school at 15 so never took any exams until I went back to studying aged around 40. For my English GSCE coursework I had to write a poem about Silence, and thought 'Yes! I'll write about Exmoor!' But it turned out to be nothing about Exmoor but about lonely old age and was so distressing I never wrote another one! The teacher used it as an example of a 'natural author', and my sister who writes songs and poetry loved it, but I couldn't believe something so dark and sad came from me! (Got an A* for the exam though ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people