1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Forum SUPERSTAR goes global.. a great watch for the newly diagnosed.

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by bulkbiker, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Rach612

Rach612 Other · Well-Known Member

Thank you. I only saw that graph in the last year really wish I would have seen it 15 years ago!

Would you mind sharing what you usually eat if you feel comfortable? I need some ideas as I like to always stay under 5.0/ 5.3 tops which I’m finding tricky without starving myself.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

These are old now but will give you an idea. Keep meaning to update.

You certainly don't need to starve. I eat plenty and maintain my weight nicely. It's all in what you eat re blood sugar control (and trying to eliminate stress and get a good night's sleep. Meds can put up too as well as illness which I found when I had covid).

I have a good variety of food, I just don't eat pasta rice potatoes cereal. Only really eat berries fruit wise. No fruit juice. I do eat a little bread but stick to lowest carb when I do fancy a slice, and we make our own.

I include bread options on my swaps sheet as I hand this leaflet out to people who would find it too challenging to give up bread. Making better choices makes all the difference to bs control, especially if you eat a lot of bread as some do that I work with.

Hope this helps a little.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #22 Debandez, Jul 3, 2021 at 5:17 PM
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook