Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi i spent another day up the a&e today after being in agony since 4am, bladder stones and stones in my tract whatever a tract is, so mystery solved :) they are sending me to stone clinic, i had all the test came back normal again so they gave me a ct scan and found them, thank god i was starting to feel like a nutcase

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Crikey!!! :( Glad you got to the bottom of it and they can hopefully fix you up-As you know a similar thing happened to me the other week and for some reason they've asked me to repeat the urine test so god knows what that means but whatever the truth-I want to know what it is so they can sort it-the pain and bleeding is not very nice to say the least as you also have sadly experienced :(

Best

Paul

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thanks mate, i am just pleased they found something i felt like a lunatic when bloods and urine were clear again, and i feel so much better knowing what it is, i was thinking cancer so happy days

best of luck with your tests!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Andy12345 said:
hi i spent another day up the a&e today after being in agony since 4am, bladder stones and stones in my tract whatever a tract is, so mystery solved :) they are sending me to stone clinic, i had all the test came back normal again so they gave me a ct scan and found them, thank god i was starting to feel like a nutcase

I'm glad you found out what it is,it does sound painful :( Hopefully you will start to feel a bit better soon and more comfortable.

Best wishes RRB

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sorry that you both have that problem, everybody says how painful it can be.
Hopefully they will be able to find out what your stones are made of and give you appropriate advice.
There is a lot on the net but there are some controversies and I think that you'll have to research those for yourselves.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Andy12345 said:

Sounds awful, hope the stone clinic can sort you out!

Netty70

Hey andy
My hubby has just come out of the hospital he has kidney stones and he had blood in his urine so could be them, are you suffering with back pain cause my Steve is and will until he passes the stone OUCH
Hope you get sorted

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi Netty, yes today terrible lower back pain, either side pain not on the spine, i said to the doctor im not sure if stones because the pain soooo bad and she said it is the most pain a male can experience and can be like childbirth lol, but after being a long term experienced sufferer of 5 hours i already have some advice for hubby.....dont look them up on the net i feel so much worse now i have lol

Thankyou

Andy

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
amazing really, i spent 43 years without so much as an bad cold and this year ive fallen apart :( roll on 2014

although that could be worse i spose hehe

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hes a weird one, i tested my bg at the hospital id been up since 4am and at about 9am they were 4.2 fair enough i hadnt eaten, then the nurse did it hour or so later on her monitor and i was 8 something, then a couple of hours later i did it on mine and i was 4.8 not eaten all day so i either spiked or my monitor sucks, hba1c in the morning so i guess ill find out

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Andy12345 said:

Even the smallest ones can be incredibly painful, glad they have found them and your getting sorted.

10 miles on Sunday? Bin it mate and let your body fix

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thanks mate, i have to admit i still want to do it, the wife will kill me tho, ive been so looking forward to wearing a number, im torn :(

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
At least you know what is the cause now. Painful yes but light at the end of the tunnel ! Hope you feel better soon Andy !

WhitbyJet

Oh goodness Andy, at least now you know whats wrong, I hope you dont have to wait too long to get sorted

Thinking of you x

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
It must be frustrating but I agree with Mongoose on this as you've been through the mill with all this and you need to take some chill out time so you can recuperate properly :wink:

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Happy days dude hmmm well (says with a peter falk esk cockeyed look on my face) not sure the prospect of passing the stones would be one of my happy thoughts but atleast you now know wats up. Good luck mate . Atleast after this you will be able to say to your missus .child birth phhhh id pi..ss it