1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

found the answer to blood in urine

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Andy12345, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Andy12345

Andy12345 Type 2 · Expert

hi i spent another day up the a&e today after being in agony since 4am, bladder stones and stones in my tract whatever a tract is, so mystery solved :) they are sending me to stone clinic, i had all the test came back normal again so they gave me a ct scan and found them, thank god i was starting to feel like a nutcase

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. paul-1976

paul-1976 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Crikey!!! :( Glad you got to the bottom of it and they can hopefully fix you up-As you know a similar thing happened to me the other week and for some reason they've asked me to repeat the urine test so god knows what that means but whatever the truth-I want to know what it is so they can sort it-the pain and bleeding is not very nice to say the least as you also have sadly experienced :(

Best

Paul

3. Andy12345

thanks mate, i am just pleased they found something i felt like a lunatic when bloods and urine were clear again, and i feel so much better knowing what it is, i was thinking cancer so happy days

best of luck with your tests!

4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

I'm glad you found out what it is,it does sound painful :( Hopefully you will start to feel a bit better soon and more comfortable.

Best wishes RRB

5. Andy12345

6. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

I'm sorry that you both have that problem, everybody says how painful it can be.
    Hopefully they will be able to find out what your stones are made of and give you appropriate advice.
    There is a lot on the net but there are some controversies and I think that you'll have to research those for yourselves.

7. Andy12345

8. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Sounds awful, hope the stone clinic can sort you out!

9. Andy12345

thankyou :) tbh im happy lol

dont know whats next but it isnt macmillan nurse

10. Netty70

Netty70 · Well-Known Member

Hey andy
    My hubby has just come out of the hospital he has kidney stones and he had blood in his urine so could be them, are you suffering with back pain cause my Steve is and will until he passes the stone OUCH
    Hope you get sorted

11. Andy12345

hi Netty, yes today terrible lower back pain, either side pain not on the spine, i said to the doctor im not sure if stones because the pain soooo bad and she said it is the most pain a male can experience and can be like childbirth lol, but after being a long term experienced sufferer of 5 hours i already have some advice for hubby.....dont look them up on the net i feel so much worse now i have lol

Thankyou

Andy

12. Andy12345

amazing really, i spent 43 years without so much as an bad cold and this year ive fallen apart :( roll on 2014

although that could be worse i spose hehe

13. Andy12345

hes a weird one, i tested my bg at the hospital id been up since 4am and at about 9am they were 4.2 fair enough i hadnt eaten, then the nurse did it hour or so later on her monitor and i was 8 something, then a couple of hours later i did it on mine and i was 4.8 not eaten all day so i either spiked or my monitor sucks, hba1c in the morning so i guess ill find out

14. Mongoose39uk

Mongoose39uk Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Even the smallest ones can be incredibly painful, glad they have found them and your getting sorted.

10 miles on Sunday? Bin it mate and let your body fix

15. Andy12345

thanks mate, i have to admit i still want to do it, the wife will kill me tho, ive been so looking forward to wearing a number, im torn :(

16. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

At least you know what is the cause now. Painful yes but light at the end of the tunnel ! Hope you feel better soon Andy !

17. WhitbyJet

WhitbyJet · Well-Known Member

Oh goodness Andy, at least now you know whats wrong, I hope you dont have to wait too long to get sorted

Thinking of you x

18. paul-1976

paul-1976 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It must be frustrating but I agree with Mongoose on this as you've been through the mill with all this and you need to take some chill out time so you can recuperate properly :wink:

19. Andy12345

Thankyou all soooo much :D

20. whompa73

whompa73 · Well-Known Member

Happy days dude hmmm well (says with a peter falk esk cockeyed look on my face) not sure the prospect of passing the stones would be one of my happy thoughts but atleast you now know wats up. Good luck mate . Atleast after this you will be able to say to your missus .child birth phhhh id pi..ss it

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook