Free blood glucose monitor

Myrrhsea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The other day when I joined the forum I saw an offer for a free blood glucose monitor and I thought it was in this site but now I can't find it. It could have been another site that links to this one perhaps. Does anyone know where I can find it?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure what you saw but if you're type 1 and will be getting strips on prescription have a look at the manufacturers websites. Accu Chek, Lifescan etc and they will send you one for free.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Plenty of manufacturers will give you a free meter trouble is it is the strips that are expensive and as hardly any of us T2's get free strips prescriptions from our doctors we have to buy our own. Most use the Codefree meter and strips as they are the cheapest to buy
https://homehealth-uk.com/

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @Pinkorchid

Before you apply for any free meter, do check out the cost of replacement strips. They do vary so much in price and many of these "free" offers have the most expensive strips. You only need one meter, but you need many hundreds or thousands of test strips.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seriously get the SD Codefree the strips are so much cheaper that you make back the cost of the meter in the first order. Other strips are too expensive.