Free delivery of NHS prescriptions!!!

Terryrhino

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is all I see on my Facebook now advert after advert and people moaning about it!! Surely this is this first step towards privatisation ?? It's all sounds to good to be true and not the sort of thing this forum should be promoting!? But that's just my opinion

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
or its a way to get scrips on time and when you need them?

a lot of people don't work 9-5 or close to home now, for example I work 8-5 with an hour each way travel. I cant get to the chemist before it shuts.

I'm going to go and look at the scheme

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Weldricks (my local pharmacy) have been delivering for at least five years. The doctor emails the prescription to Weldricks and they deliver the following morning.

If I want I collect the prescription from the surgery myself and take it to another pharmacy (but I never have).

I normally order my repeat prescriptions on my GPS website but if I want to I can phone, text or email Weldricks and they will order and deliver it the next day.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
This is all I see on my Facebook now advert after advert and people moaning about it!! Surely this is this first step towards privatisation ?? It's all sounds to good to be true and not the sort of thing this forum should be promoting!? But that's just my opinion
What you are seeing is a national firm paying to advertise their services.
IMHO it's best to stick to your local pharmacy who normally run a delivery service if asked.

Reactions: Terryrhino

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This is all I see on my Facebook now advert after advert and people moaning about it!! Surely this is this first step towards privatisation ??

Not sure why you would think it's a step towards privatisation, it's a service provided by many pharmacy chains for the benefit of those who are too ill, disabled, work or don't have the means to collect the prescription themselves (people living in rural communities is a classic example where public transport is limited or non- existence).

Terryrhino

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure why you would think it's a step towards privatisation, it's a service provided by many pharmacy chains for the benefit of those who are too ill, disabled, work or don't have the means to collect the prescription themselves (people living in rural communities is a classic example where public transport is limited or non- existence).

I may of miss understood this I know local pharmacies provide this service I was on the understanding this was a private venture taking it away from the local community

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I may of miss understood this I know local pharmacies provide this service I was on the understanding this was a private venture taking it away from the local community

Sorry Terry I'm lost, I don't have Facebook so not sure what your referring to when you says it's a private venture, but the pharmacy prescription delivery service have been operational for some time now.