Free Hospital Passport

iddt01

Charity Launches New FREE Hospital Passport
Over recent months the Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust has been surprised at newly released figures that reveal the high numbers of people in hospital with diabetes or diabetes-related conditions. The charity is also all too well aware of the difficulties many people with diabetes experience in managing their condition while they are in hospital. There are many reasons for this including changes in mealtimes, restricted access to medication and food, as well as the general stress that being unwell and in hospital can cause.
IDDT has produced a FREE Hospital Passport for people with diabetes to take into hospital with them. The passport will provide hospital staff with vital information about the person with diabetes and how their condition is managed. It aims to make it easier for people to be treated and for people to receive the treatment they want.
IDDT produces a wide variety of free information and is reliant totally on voluntary donations. For more information about the work of IDDT or to receive your FREE copy of the Hospital Passport contact IDDT or message me.
Telephone: 01604 622837

TheSparkyPony

I received on of these the other week - a brilliant resource for those who hate having to relay their diabetic history all the time! :lol:

It does, however, need more publicity and information sending to hospitals, as a few doctors weren't sure on them and thus ignored everything I'd written in it.

sarahbeedell

I am going into Hospital on the 21st Feb (next week) for a major operations. Please could you send me details if youu have them on the Hospital Passport??

Many Thanks
Sarah :p

TheSparkyPony

sarahbeedell said:
I am going into Hospital on the 21st Feb (next week) for a major operations. Please could you send me details if youu have them on the Hospital Passport??

Many Thanks
Sarah :p

Hi Sarah, I've PMed you the email address to whom you need to ask for a passport :)
Good luck for your operation next week too xx

TheSparkyPony

yerkish said:
this sounds like a brill idead it would help my 14yr old daughter were do i get on please xx

I'll message you the email address now.

(I promise I'm not working for them, mods :lol: - though wouldn't I be a good saleswoman? :wink: )

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This was (the) one thing the hospital I was in the other day was good at - when I told them I was diabetic, they asked what medication I was on and how much, then asked if I did the injections myself (possibly they asked because of my almost hysterical reaction to the blood test needle!), when I said yes they just said OK and were satisfied with that, they did not try to take the insulin or interfere in any way.
They did regular blood tests, with a cool tester that had a barcode scanner to scan my wristband, and were happy for me to use my own lancet device - their one was evil, with no depth settings.

So not all hospitals will steal your insulin, some are more enlightened!