1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

free meter

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by ewan, Jun 4, 2014.

1. ewan

ewan · Well-Known Member

i have a new unopened acu- check mobile

i don't like the bulk of it, have used another, so i am willing to send this to a 'poor' diabetic, but would ask for my postal costs, i imagine £3 - £5 as its quite heavy and 6" x 6"
    I am will get postal costs from post office

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Ewan,

That's a very kind offer.. I have no need of this meter myself.

But would just like to add that some local health authorities are a bit "tight" when prescribing for the cartridges these meters use on grounds of NHS budget? Opting to issue meters with cheaper strip prescriptions...

I have no issue with my doctor or DSN. But would advise anyone to check with their GP to make sure before taking this meter on..!

They are good meters though.. I have two of em....

3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

That is a kind offer Ewan.
    I have the Accu Chek Mobile and love it. It is the one my DN gave me, but no prescriptions for testing strip cartridges. The strip cartridges are expensive, although available on-line at half price. I think its a price almost worth paying because of the inbuilt cartridge system.

4. ewan

ewan · Well-Known Member

Its a very good idea and love the way it works, but for me i find it difficult, perhaps because i'm left handed, just find it difficult, i have 2, obviously 1 i have used.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook