1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre 2 - coming to a cinema near you!

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by LittleGreyCat, Jan 9, 2021.

1. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just had an email from Abbott titled "Say hello to the FreeStyle Libre 2 system at no extra cost".

Typically, it is not long since I stocked up with Libre 1 to cover for any disruption over winter.

Anyway, it would be good to hear from anyone in the UK who has ordered the new version, and how they got on.

2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Drat, I thought you were going to tell us about a new movie starring a T1 with a libre 2. The lows, the highs, the skin rashes....:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Was on the Abbott site a week back? & no mention of the L2. inspite of a couple of members here mentioning they have them.
    Just checked the UK Libre site now & it does look like they have their act together..

I ain't afraid of no lows..

Bloodbusters2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. TypeZero.

TypeZero. · Well-Known Member

Very disappointing. I have a relatively new iPhone 11 and for some reason I kept getting alarms about signal loss.

I enjoyed having the low alarms but the high alarms were annoying as it doesn’t account for if you’ve had a meal or not

5. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi TZ.

The signal loss. Did you or have you had any other devices tethered to your phone at any point? (Like wireless headphones.)

Can the perameters on the app not be set for the range, regarding the alarms? (Like they can with Xdrip.)

6. TypeZero.

TypeZero. · Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yes I usually have my smart watch tethered and occasionally AirPods.

I understand that you have the ability to change when you receive alarms but I wish there was an automatic snooze button that knows you’ve just had food so doesn’t alert you until 2 hours after injection

There’s already ways of adding any medications or food you’re having so the software should be intelligent

7. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this.
    I don't always have my phone by my side when I am around the house, so I assume that if I left my phone downstairs charging then it would complain when I went upstairs and was too far away for Bluetooth to maintain the connection.

The jury is still out about sudden dips overnight.
    Rumoured to be due to sleeping on the arm with the Libre attached.
    It would be disconcerting to be woken to turn over!
    Then again, it would be a big improvement not to have to maximise at 8 hours sleep with a reading just before and just after to avoid losing data.

8. kerryh1

kerryh1 · Member

hi sorry to trouble you , i to have the 11iphone libre2 and am having the same trouble , keeps saying same thing signal loss .i have tried
    all different things . called abbots and they saying all settings are correct . but obviously they are not as in bluetooth its not showing anything connected . did you find how to solve problem ? need help please if you have any . forgot to say mine lucky if it works twice a day does not even give me high or low alarm as always losing signal loss

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook