1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle libre 2

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by doodles 10, Aug 4, 2021.

1. doodles 10

doodles 10 · Newbie

I have been using libre 1 for a while with no real problems, got changed to libre 2 about 6 weeks ago. Does anyone find these dont stick as well as libre 1? Out of the 3 I have used, anly 1 has stayed in place for the full 2 weeks. I sm putting it in the normal area, but anyh tiny knock and it comes unstuck!!

2. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

We all seem to have different skins. I've only ever used Libre 2 and they stick fast and need levering off. I assume you used an alcohol wipe before and shaved if relevant?

3. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have used both Libre 1 and Libre 2. With both, I seem to have the right type of sticky skin and not had any problems unless I place them badly.

Have you been hotter recently and maybe sweat has coincided with your Libre 2 adoption?

4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I have to admit. i have not had any isse with the L1 or The L2 to date, not sticking the full term.
    I need to tear .
    In fact, I've left one or two on for an extra couple of days for the sheer hell of it..
    But i do site them under arm.

5. Fenn

Fenn Type 1.5 · Well-Known Member

I switched a couple of months ago and after prolly 3 years I just had first one “fall” off, this did however involve me standing on the cat in the dark and half falling half jumping into the bedroom door frame so not sure that counts.

Have to just say how amazing abbot customer care is.​

6. Lauren100

Lauren100 · Newbie

Can anyone please advise me if this can be worn on your thigh. I’m currently waiting for a GP appointment (waiting for 3 weeks) as I have lots of questions to ask. I don’t want to wear one on my arm as I work with young children & I don’t want it to be visible. Thank you

7. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The official Abbotts line is that it has to be worn on your arm, but lots of people on the forum have worn it on the thigh, inner arm, and chest, and it's worked fine.

8. Herbie1972

Herbie1972 · Member

Freestyle Libre 2 is not as sticky for me, either. But my big issue with it is it’s painfully slow at reading, and two have had to be sent back to the manufacturer because of errors / failures.

9. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

I believe wearing it on the thigh is perfectly acceptable but you do have to realize there is a variance in accuracy depending on the site yo wear it.

This is one guys opinion on variose sites for p;ace ment.

10. Gafspa

Gafspa · Well-Known Member

Do people find that reading vary from arm to arm?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook