Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
Hi All,
Season’s greetings. Does anyone know if the average glucose results in the Libre are an average of each scan/blood glucose tests OR an average of all the sensor, ie each 15min, results. My Freestyle manual says it the Sensor Glucose readings so not 100% clear.
Thanks
David
T1 28 yrs
MDI

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Well, Libre 2 can do this. But Libre 2 is collecting data all the time.

Libre only collects scanned data. So the average would only be from what has been scanned.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Libre only collects scanned data. So the average would only be from what has been scanned.
Libre is collecting data all the time. It downloads the last 8 hours to the reader/app when scanned.

sgm14

It doesn't really make sense to have sensor readings for every 15 minutes and not use them. Why opt to use the inaccurate figures?

Also the graph on the Reports/Average Glucose tab shows the average glucose for each hour of the day including hours when I am asleep and not scanning. If it was only using scans, then these hours should be missing from the graph.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi there, the libre collects data every 15 minutes whether you scan it or not (but you do have to scan each 8 hour period to keep it going). You can go online, download its data and see them all. x

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Hi there, the libre collects data every 15 minutes whether you scan it or not (but you do have to scan each 8 hour period to keep it going). You can go online, download its data and see them all. x

I remember my Libre reader lines as more straight lines between readings. And Ive never been an avid scanner. So some of my days were 1, 2, or 3 readings.

Libre 2 in number of readings is about the same. But I’m amazed by how not straight my line is if I check once in the morning and then next about dinner time. The reader sits in my pocket most of the day.

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
It doesn't really make sense to have sensor readings for every 15 minutes and not use them. Why opt to use the inaccurate figures?

Also the graph on the Reports/Average Glucose tab shows the average glucose for each hour of the day including hours when I am asleep and not scanning. If it was only using scans, then these hours should be missing from the graph.

interesting point.