Freestyle Libre Compatibility: mmol/l vs mg/dl

cz_dave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone and especially those lucky ones that own the Libre. Here is my question:

If I buy the Libre reader (mmol/l) in the UK and then move to Italy and order the local sensors there (the Italian system is mg/dl and so are the Libre readers), will it work for me?

Or, in other words: are the sensors compatible with both the mmol/l and mg/dl readers?

Thanks.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if i buy sensors for libre in mg/dl and my libre reader is in (mmol/l) how will it show the blood glucose in mmol or in mg.please help

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am just guessing here but I wouldn't expect the sensors to come in a mg/dl and mmol format.....

all that trickery should take place on the receiver....;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i also thought that but it's rather expensive to play around with whether they will be in mmol/l or in mg/dl.because in my country the readings of the glucose are in mmol/l and i know that it will be a problem if the readings are in mg/dl

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
i also thought that but it's rather expensive to play around with whether they will be in mmol/l or in mg/dl.because in my country the readings of the glucose are in mmol/l and i know that it will be a problem if the readings are in mg/dl
The units are built into the reader, not the sensors. There is only one kind of sensor, but readers can be either of the two units. There is also a phone app that you can use instead of the reader that I expect can display either unit.

ChrisH5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If i recall correctly you choose what you want the results displayed in on the official Abbott App the first time you run it - and you must be able to change later (or reinstall/clear settings). I never bought a reader - just using my phone with a different app to read the sensors.