FreeStyle Libre & Dexcom G5

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya,

I have had various issues so far with my diabetes. Benn diagnosed with Type 1 for nearly 7 years now and I'm still struggling. I meet most of the criteria for a FreeStyle Libre or Dexcom on the NHS so I am going to try my best to get one. I have written a long letter explaining my troubles and how they would benefit me, does anyone know who I can send this to? Would I have to give it to my diabetes consultant at the hospital or can I send it directly to someone to make things happen more promptly. I worry if I give it to my consultant he may just fob it off.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya,

I have had various issues so far with my diabetes. Benn diagnosed with Type 1 for nearly 7 years now and I'm still struggling. I meet most of the criteria for a FreeStyle Libre or Dexcom on the NHS so I am going to try my best to get one. I have written a long letter explaining my troubles and how they would benefit me, does anyone know who I can send this to? Would I have to give it to my diabetes consultant at the hospital or can I send it directly to someone to make things happen more promptly? I worry if I give it to my consultant he may just fob it off.
E D
AS YOU WILL KNOW ALL FUNDING IS DONE by your local NHS THAT IS IF YOU ARE ON THERE CLINIC
YOU WILL OR SHOULD HAVE A NHS NO ..
CAN I SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING IF YOU GO TO THE NHS
FOR DIABETES.
YOU MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH NURSE /DOC AND ASK THEM FOR FUNDING SAME WITH PUMP OR INSULIN PRESCRIPTION
BUT IF YOU ARE UNDER LOCAL GP YOU WILL HAVE to ASK THEM FOR FUNDING BUT ACCORDING TO SOURCES IN SUFFOLK
freestyle style libre is only for pregnant mums
but you have got nothing to lose by trying ps are you on a pump good luck vic 60 years n insulin