Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hi All

After 4 days with my first ever sensor being continually out of range with my bs I phoned Libre this morning, sure enough my sensor is faulty and they are going to send me a new one. How long does this usually take?
Also does anybody know what the different codes in the error log actually mean?, I have loads of them logged in the past 4 days and just wondered what peoples experiences on here were of these codes

Reactions: 3 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya!

Abbott are usually pretty quick with the replacements - a few days. However, once they've replaced one, you can't order any more for 15 days!

Not sure about the error codes - I asked Abbott about them but they never replied. Some of them you can work out fairly easily - new sensor found, no sensor found etc - most don't really seem to be errors but warnings and information. Also, you get an 'error' when you tell the scan to scan and then let it time out and things like that. Sorry, can't be much help on that.

Smidge

Reactions: 6 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bri - they are normally quite quick sending replacements (a few days) having said that, they raised a replacement order for me last Monday and I've not received it yet - so maybe there's a bit of lag at the moment.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure about the error codes - I asked Abbott about them but they never replied. Some of them you can work out fairly easily - new sensor found, no sensor found etc - most don't really seem to be errors but warnings and information. Also, you get an 'error' when you tell the scan to scan and then let it time out and things like that.

Odd that it doesn't have a list of the error codes in the instruction manual :confused:

Reactions: 3 people

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
It has a small list in the manual, however these are more applicable to the BS part of the meter i think
@robert72 fingers crossed it comes quite quickly

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Bit late for replying but ask for a new (free) sensor if they're replacing your meter as the sensor linked to the faulty meter wont be able to be read by the new meter as it's already linked to the faulty meter