1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

FreeStyle Libre in Spain

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Antje77, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I use my phone. I got the information about the French readers from a Dutch Facebook group where people use them without problem so I'm willing to bet Spanish ones work fine too :)
    That's a very useful tip for any questions about another country! Expats tend to have money too, so when they have diabetes they'll buy Libres :)
    For now, I think I'll leave the scavenger hunt to my aunt, as they'll be sightseeing and visiting a lot of towns, so they'll see a lot of pharmacies. And she liked the idea of hunting for them!

I'll give you an update as soon as she finds out of course.

2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

My only concern about your aunt being on the hunt is, in my albeit no-horse town, I asked in a number of pharmacies (including the ASDA one) about Libres and none had heard of them, never mind supplied them.

Of course, whilst we have electrickery and running water here, we're not leading edge. I just worry of your autie is meeting with a similar situation on the other side of the counter, she may go up blind alley ways.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

That's very friendly! I guess the worst that can happen is her not finding any sensors and I'll have to buy the more expensive ones. She loves walking around new places and meeting people everywhere, so blind alleyways are fine too as part of the adventure :)

4. SMS1

SMS1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi I’m new here. T2. I’m trying to message SaladDaze as I’m in Spain for info. on how much a Libre is here. And where to but it?

5. SMS1

6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi'
    You can tag someone so they'll see an alert when they next log in by putting @ before their name, like this:
    Hi @SaladDaze , looks like someone wants to ask you something :)

7. SMS1

Thanks Antje!
    [email protected]'d like to ask you a question.I'm new here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AtkinsMo

AtkinsMo Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Spain is a bit strange. The health system is very paternalistic. I also have a clotting disorder, and I self monitor and dose it is VERY frowned upon by the docs over there. But I have found a friendly farmacia who will sell me Test strips. When do you need to know by, we go back early November and I’m perfectly happy to find out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook