1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Emmotha, Oct 16, 2014.

1. robert72

robert72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's having a lot of glycogen, but on the basis that I had eaten only 2g carbs then that was certainly a 'liver dump'. I used to get those sorts of dumps a lot which is why I low carb now.

Surprisingly I have found the mobile to be quite comparable to the Libre's built in test strip readings, as well as the Neo's, over the last few weeks. Generally within a few 10ths of each other.

2. robert72

robert72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Call Abbott UK and make a complaint.

The French company are some kind of health care support call-centre and distribution company, according to @phoenix

Edit: I order two sensors on 4th November and they arrived on 7th. Thankfully DPD sent me a text to say they were delivering that day, as I got no notification about it from Abbott until 10th.

3. darrenh04

darrenh04 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I ordered 2 more sensors on the 11th. I received an email to say they were on their way but nothing has come. I do have a tracking number and it looks like they have been sent but are just sitting in transit. Tried to call on the 00800 number and received recorded message that it was out of order. I have sent an email but last time it took 14 days for them to come back.

Luckily I had a third sensor as my first was replaced, just going to keep chasing as the 14 day countdown started last night.

4. Emmotha

Emmotha Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Low carb today and please with my results :)
    image.jpg
    My scans are about 0.5 mmol down today so looks slightly better than it is

• Like Like x 9
  5. DunePlodder

DunePlodder Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had a look at some of my Dexcom data. Note though that I only did 100 comparisons (about 3 weeks worth) as I got bored with entering them into the spreadsheet.So you need to double them for a quick comparison.

Out of 100

35 had a difference of >= +/- 1.0mmol

of that 20 had a difference of >= +/- 1.5mmol
    of that 10 had a difference of >= +/- 2mmol
    of that 6 had a difference of >= +/- 2.5mmol
    and of that 3 had a difference of >= +/- 3mmol
    with 2 reading > 5mmol out. one 9.2 different.

I restart sensors so some of these results are 3 or more weeks in. Two different sensors included in this data.
    The overall average difference was +/- 0.98. Of course some of these readings (& yours I'm sure) had up or down arrows perhaps explaining the differences
    Make of it what you will!

• Like Like x 2
    #1385 DunePlodder, Nov 20, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  6. Rainey

Rainey Type 1 · Member

Ive tried the top back of the deltoid, but also lost one off the back of my arm after 4 days and the other off my deltoid after 24 hrs and two heavy sessions rowing and in the gym. The concepts great, the product not fit for purpose. Their customer service team are a disgrace no response on email at all. Ive not had chance to ring but will do tomorrow. If I get no response the next steps are Trading Standards

7. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I'm intrigued as to what you are doing in the gym @Rainey? I've done a load of triceps work over the past few weeks and taking the sensor off was hard work, it was so well stuck down!

8. jddukes

jddukes Type 1 · Well-Known Member

9. smidge

smidge LADA · Well-Known Member

So very similar level of accuracy really except for the higher proportion of overall readings at +/- 1.0 on my Libre. That's really useful to know. As others were reporting much better accuracy than I was seeing, I was wondering about faults etc, but it might really just be that different people have different ratios of BG to IFG or something like that.

Smidge

• Like Like x 2
  10. igmr

igmr Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is not unknown for both manufacturers and their competitors to place marketing comments in threads such as this. Not that I believe for one second that this is happening here.:wideyed:

I got my replacement sensor today, Now waiting for a replacement meter, once I have that I shall archive everything to date, ignore it all and start again.

11. Omnipod

Omnipod Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I too go to the gym daily, cycle to work and back, shower twice a day and ive had a steam and a jacuzzi..... my sensor stayed on without tape. At the end of 14 days..... i had to really pull it off.

12. Omnipod

Omnipod Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Had my hba1c done. I been wearing a sensor for a month. When down loading the reports, it gives you an HBA1C %.
    Mine was spot on with the HBA1c done at the clinic. 7.3%

Interesting to see if others get the same.

• Like Like x 3
  13. LucySW

LucySW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Happily in this case we know both Smidge and DunePlodder ...

• Like Like x 6
  14. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

The Libre came into its own this morning. As I posted here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/has-anyone-seen-lantus-do-this.67751/#post-683100 I had a somewhat "interesting" experience with my a.m. Lantus shot (I'm almost certain that it's similar to what happened a little over 4 weeks ago) (here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/well-that-was-embarrassing.66872/).

The difference with having the Libre available was that I could see the drop happening, keep tabs on it and treat it before it got to the point that I ended up collapsing in the street and spraining my ankle. Just the one occurrence like this is enough for me to think that I don't care about the cost and that I will continue to buy sensors. Occasions like this are where CGM is indispensable (and let's face it, this is really a type of CGM), and also very revealing.

15. DunePlodder

I'm just a Dexcom user who is watching the Libre threads with great interest.
    The more options there are the better.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DunePlodder

Thank you Lucy!

• Like Like x 2
  17. smidge

smidge LADA · Well-Known Member

And I'm just a Libre user who has been seeing a higher level of inaccuracy than other people were reporting. I had been in a conversation some months ago with DunePlodder about the Dexcom as I was considering getting one. I am very grateful to DunePlodder for taking the time to post the results from the Dexcom.

I know some people have a problem with all drug companies and sometimes with good reason, but let's not get paranoid eh?

Smidge

• Like Like x 2
  18. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

Just looking at the tags on peoples names will give an indication how long people have been posting on this forum. You'll find that many have been here for a very long time. It's usually when people disagree that these accusations of being a company shill come up.
    Maybe I should apply for the job. If I were one, then I could perhaps afford to buy a few more sensors ;)

• Like Like x 4
  19. hale710

hale710 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Lucky! Mine have both started to come off themselves so I stuck them with opsite after a few days

20. LucySW

LucySW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

But @igmr was making a joke .. a good one!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook