Freestyle Libre PRO sensor with non-pro reader/app ?

bobob2

The only sensor I have available for sale to me is the Freestyle Libre Pro 14 day sensor. Anyone know if this sensor works with the non-pro reader and the phone app ?

From what I understand the pro system is targeted to medical professional offices. The office uses 1 reader for all their patients wearing the sensor. The sensor collects data and then the data is collected by the office when you visit, so the office gets "realistic" data, and also to cut costs.

Drewdoggy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The only sensor I have available for sale to me is the Freestyle Libre Pro 14 day sensor. Anyone know if this sensor works with the non-pro reader and the phone app ?

From what I understand the pro system is targeted to medical professional offices. The office uses 1 reader for all their patients wearing the sensor. The sensor collects data and then the data is collected by the office when you visit, so the office gets "realistic" data, and also to cut costs.
There is a app that will read the pro's search for "glimp" in the app store.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a app that will read the pro's search for "glimp" in the app store.
I’m not 100% sure here, but my understanding is that gimp, and the similar 3rd party apps won’t activate the sensor, it has to be activated with a reader.