Freestyle Libre sensor stopped working after yoga.

Ruth0212

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am new to the Libre and was using my first sensor which had been fine for nearly 4 days. Then this morning I was doing a bit of yoga- nothing intense, but was using arm muscles in some positions (like doing a plank and slow press ups really). Anyway, the next time I tried to scan sensor it said it could not be scanned and to scan a new sensor. Abbott have said they'll send me a replacement, they just asked if I'd put a lot of pressure on it (which I hadn't at all), but it just seems quite a coincidence that it happened just after using the arm muscles.
I just wondered if anyone has had any similar problems.
Any comments would be welcome.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was the sensor causing you any discomfort?

The reason I ask is because I experienced a similar issue on Sunday. While I don't have a Libre, I do have a Dexcom CGM. I tried inserting the sensor in my arm for the first time and couldn't get consistent readings.

Long story short, I had accidentally inserted my sensor wire in my muscle (I have very little fat on my arms) which was not only uncomfortable, but it was not reading properly.

My first inclination is to wonder if your sensor somehow shifted during yoga.

Ruth0212

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your answer. No, it hadn't caused any discomfort and had been reading ok. I agree that it seems it could have shifted but I'm surprised this could happen just by flexing the muscle ( I didn't lean on it or anything-I'm being quite careful as its new). I thought the dexcom had to be on your abdomen, can you use it on arms as well? They are quite precise with the Libre- you have to insert on the back of upper arm only.