Freestyle Libre2 and timing of alarms.

sgm14

Has anyone gone to do a manual scan, unlocked their phone and immediately got a high or low alarm, i.e. the alarm triggers before they get a chance to scan their libre?

My blood sugar levels have always been inconsistent and so I keep a close eye on them. I have the alarms on my Android phone set at 5 and 10 to warn me before I go low or before I go too high, and I also usually do a manual scan every half-hour (I have an app on my phone which beeps to remind me).

For the last few weeks my figures have been changing rapidly and consequently I have had a lot more alarms that I had previously, and I have noticed that quite a few of them occur when I lift my phone up and unlock it. It is almost as if the whole phone was asleep and the alarms were not triggering until I went to use the phone. However I do think this is the case as :
  • I don't have battery optimizer on
  • The app which beeps every 30 minutes has worked
  • I do get some alarms triggered without touching my phone.
I have been using the Libre2 for six months, but I never noticed this before, but it is possible that it did and I am only noticing it now because I am triggering the alarms more often.

Has anyone else noticed this?