1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle lite blood test strips manufacturing probs

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Malcolm.Smith, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Malcolm.Smith

Malcolm.Smith · Well-Known Member

Went to Boots yesterday to pick up my prescription if Freestyle lite strips and was only given one box. They tell me theres been a manufacturing problem and they dont know when they will get more in. Has anyone else experienced this?.

What should I do about replacements when this tub runs out in about a weeks time?.

2. Alanp35

Alanp35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this - but this is why I try to keep 2 months supply of strips, lancets and insulin. Dreadful position in which to find oneself.

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Malcom, check with the manufacturer as often pharmacies use this as an excuse when they are struggling to obtain the item from their supplier, I'd try another pharmacy if I were you but this would mean you getting another prescription from your Dr, but just explain to them that you only got one box of 50 with your last prescription.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Malcolm.Smith

Malcolm.Smith · Well-Known Member

Cheers for that guys. Just called boots now and they're in now. Nice of them to call and let me know!!. I had to buy a meter to see me through the bank holiday.

Unfortunately my GP will only give me 150 strips at a time which lasts me about 3 weeks. I was down to half my last pot and phoned up boots to ask why they havnt called to say they were in. Its then I learned about the manufacturing probs!.

They're communication is appalling

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook