Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The big freeze set to continue until the weekend where temperatures will rise slightly, but make the most of it as another cold snap is forecast for next week! :(

Nigel

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sugarless sue said:
So far we've had - 15 and a few miles away had - 28 ! :shock:

That's cold Sue, we had -10 last night and they are predicting -16 tonight, but -28 doesn't bear thinking about! :|

Nigel

jaykay

I have so many layers on, I can barely move my arms ( think a sort of Michelin man with boobies :lol: ) but at least I'm warm!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am with you jk except that I am a skinny type 2 so no boobies to speak of :( but I recon that if I fall over I will be like an overturned turtle and I will never get up :lol:
CAROL

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
He he it's 28 degrees here in the Middle East. Trying to keep my insulin cool by the pool :lol: I have to say I hope the snow is still there when I visit home for Christmas as I love wearing my funky wellies!! Hope no one gets hurt slipping and sliding x

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I just throw another bough or three into the stoves and toast my toes :lol:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Ive not seen our postman for a week now, all year round he wears shorts to show how tough he is and then the first snowflake falls and he is nowhere to be seen :roll:

Perhaps he doesn't own a pair of long trousers :lol:

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's -5 right now in Coventry.
I can't wait for the Summer to return. 8)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Where's the global warming then?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My DSN laughed like anything today when she asked to check my infusion sites....Pants, leggings, leggings and jeans on top (infusion set in leg). Wanted to check my stomach and position of pump on my arm, so had to undress top half.....1 vest top, 1 tshirt, 1 jumper, 1 cardigan and another cardigan and a scarf...Took longer to undress than to check the sites!!! It was -5 at 11am this morning and I was prepared....she said she didn't realise I was so thin until I took off all my layers!!!!

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blimey, in 5 years no one has ever checked my infusion sites, is that mean't to happen then? :shock:

Rushy

I worry about my daughter, house sitting in my draughty old place in Sussex right now. She's asthmatic and cold, damp, weather isn't good for her. I wish she'd come out to Singapore with me... :|

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Today decided to wash the kitchen window after a bird decided to deposit its dinner over it, as soon as I put the water on the window it turn to ice :shock: I had a hell of a job getting it off and give-up in the end, it's been minus 5 all day and last night was minus 16!

Nigel

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Some of our icicles are about 3 inches round ! :shock: I need a tin hat ! :lol:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Here in "snowy" Switzerland, just to make you jealous, all our snow has melted and we had 10° today. :) We've got a storm now, thunder and lightening and heavy rain and "they" say its going to snow tonight.