Friday yippy

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I'm running a 20 mile race sunday, starting and finishing on the top gear track so I'm stoked (if a little nervous) :)

Reactions: 5 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'm running a 20 mile race sunday, starting and finishing on the top gear track so I'm stoked (if a little nervous) :)

Wow! Good luck mate!:) BTW If you see the Stig,Clarkson,The hamster or Captain slow(James May) say hi from me,a big fan of the show!:)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Some long walks with my dog, footie (Man U v Liverpool) on Sunday and some fine food and wine :D

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyou guys!

Just finishing will do but im aiming at 3 hours 50 minutes (its hilly), its my last long run before the marathon

Reactions: 3 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'm actually thinking of sparking the BBQ up as the weather here has been lovely the past couple of days apart from early morning mist.:)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i so love bbq`s :) we often spark it up for our evening meal in the summer, just us, the wife insists on cooking everything first in the oven then lets me cremate it for taste, its a lovely way to end the day

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Good luck with the run Andy. I hope you meet your target but seriously well done for sticking to your training and making it to this distance. That marathon will be a doddle for you:)

Bank holiday here in Ireland, so a three day weekend!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Walking the dogs and pulling my wife up the hills like every weekend - oh and mowing the lawn I have just been informed

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Good luck with the run Andy. I hope you meet your target but seriously well done for sticking to your training and making it to this distance. That marathon will be a doddle for you:)

Bank holiday here in Ireland, so a three day weekend!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thankyou TC every step after 10 miles is painful lol i cant wait until its over :)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Im in awe that you are running a marathon - I can only manage 3km and my feet hurt

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
oh no, im definately not the type to be awed lol im struggling along, 1 year ago i couldnt run a bath :)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the run, hope the weather stays on your side and your feet go all the way with you.
Let us know how you finish and your charity (if you have all ready mentioned it, I din't notice)
Roy.:)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyou, the charity is totally amazing im so happy to be doing it for them, its keeping me going

Karbstruck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
injustice
Best of luck for the run, Andy. You are an inspiration! :watching::wideyed::happy:

I'm just out to lunch with a friend before she heads to US for a holiday. It's a seafood restaurant on the waterfront, so I should be able to enjoy myself and indulge in a glass of wine too.:)