Fridge in room for treatment/prevention of low at night?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!

For everybody who monitors blood glucose at night with CGM, what kind of sugary food do you use for prevention or treatment of hypos at night?
I tend to use juice drink 5-10 grams of carb at a time.
Problem is I don't know where to keep it. Does anyone have a trick to keep the freshness? Sometime I won't be using the juice for many days and I'm afraid it gets bad if it stays outside the fridge for too long. Also I prefer keeping it next to me, I hate having to go to the kitchen to get it.
Do you know any kind of mini mini fridge I could get to store it in? Or do you guys use other tricks or food?

Thanks for your input!

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I Keep some very sweet Boiled sweets In the car and various places including bedroom also why not keep an unopened can of coke or similar around near the bed it does not have to be refrigerated for us in an emergency.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Many years ago I used to have a juice bottle in my hand bag at all times! Sadly, it sometimes it started fermenting and exploded in my bag if I'd had it a few days too long! So I feel your pain.
Now I keep Haribos in a very small square box in my bag, I top them up when needed. I keep them by my bed, downstairs and in the car. They're easy to eat & dissolve rapidly, 3 to 4 of them are around 20carbs. Good luck, sorry I can't help with your juice problem.

D

Deleted Account

I keep Glucotabs with me all the time.
Don't seem to go off. Don't need a fridge.
Don't take up much space.
Easy to track how many grams of fast acting carbs I consume (3.6g per tablet).
Clearly not sweeties so no one else wants to eat them (unlike jelly babies)
Come in handy refillable tubes which I have around the house, in my car, in my work bag, in coat pickets, ...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I keep packets of dextrose tablets everywhere - by the bed, pockets of my most worn jackets, handbag, car - everywhere! They are just as quick as juice.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello!

For everybody who monitors blood glucose at night with CGM, what kind of sugary food do you use for prevention or treatment of hypos at night?
I tend to use juice drink 5-10 grams of carb at a time.
Problem is I don't know where to keep it. Does anyone have a trick to keep the freshness? Sometime I won't be using the juice for many days and I'm afraid it gets bad if it stays outside the fridge for too long. Also I prefer keeping it next to me, I hate having to go to the kitchen to get it.
Do you know any kind of mini mini fridge I could get to store it in? Or do you guys use other tricks or food?

Thanks for your input!

How about one of these? They are available in pink or blue too?
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/...ooms+quiet&dpPl=1&dpID=31QwmPYeL8L&ref=plSrch

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unopened apple juice plastic bottles doesn't go bad no matter where it is. They come in 8 oz. Either drink the whole thing or drink what you want and throw the rest away. Cheap.