1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Frozen from the waist down (Night Cramps)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by Richard.E.Craig, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Richard.E.Craig

Richard.E.Craig · Member

I suffer from diabetic neuropathy and have recently been hit with agonising night cramps.They start at the waist and go right down to my feet. I sometimes wake screaming , it feels as if I have been sitting in an ice bath for hours. My legs become very cold to the touch and I cant feel my feet. I am wondering if this is a progression of my neuropathy or a symptom of something else? Has anyone out there had the same trouble and if so was it diagnosed and resolved.
    Ricky

2. anniep

anniep · Well-Known Member

I suffer with night cramps because of statins.

3. bowell

bowell · Well-Known Member

Cramps yes given Qunine Sulphate tablets by GP find they Work well
    You can get cramps due to muscle loss (atrophy) If your not so active now (one of my problems )

Cold legs thats Normally down to a circulation problem

I would get Yourself off to the Quack ASAP

Bob

4. Richard.E.Craig

Richard.E.Craig · Member

You can get cramps due to muscle loss (atrophy) If your not so active now (one of my problems )
    Bob[/quote]
    Thanks Bob,your suspicion of atrophy is probably spot on. I have lost a lot of muscular tissue over the years due to a recurring necrotic infection that likes to eat me from the waist down. I am scarred like a battle field,I have a crater on my left a*se cheek that you can hide a small VW in :lol:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook