Frozen roasted meat

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do they sell grilled/roasted chicken, beef, pork, salmon that I can heat up in the microwave and eat?
I know some chicken pieces supermarkets sell, but I don't find them nice. Any idea? I would like something like a steak or a burger that can be cooked/heated in the microwave.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do they sell grilled/roasted chicken, beef, pork, salmon that I can heat up in the microwave and eat?
I know some chicken pieces supermarkets sell, but I don't find them nice. Any idea? I would like something like a steak or a burger that can be cooked/heated in the microwave.
If you go into the cooked meat section of a supermarket you can get everything that can be heated up in a microwave. If you find the flavour a little bland then there are any number of barbecue flavoured things you can buy.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I meant a normal cooker :) Or hob or grill - anything like that.​
Apparently he has a microwave. The good news is that you can do lots of things with a microwave. You can not only heat things up but you can cook things.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apparently he has a microwave. The good news is that you can do lots of things with a microwave. You can not only heat things up but you can cook things.

No way! :p

Seriously, if the OP has limited cooking facilities then that would affect his choices. Having lived with just a microwave for a few weeks, it did make cooking harder and less varied.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No way! :p

Seriously, if the OP has limited cooking facilities then that would affect his choices. Having lived with just a microwave for a few weeks, it did make cooking harder and less varied.
Indeed but he still may need advice on how to cope.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Asda do quite a lot of pre-packaged, pre-cooked meats. I used to take them to work with me with a salad and they were fine heated up in the microwave. I particularly liked their thick sliced roast beef.

D

Deleted member 308541

Asda do quite a lot of pre-packaged, pre-cooked meats.
The major supermarkets here in Australia all sell pre packaged meat products.

We buy the steam in the bag fish and veggies to nuke in the microwave. We also cook spud lite potatoes and pumpkin in there as well.

All take less time to cook than conventional cooking methods if you are in a hurry to cook something to eat.

Mark_1

Most supermarkets sell cooked chicken breasts which can be reheated. 2 for £3 in Tesco last time I looked.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't find precooked steaks/burgers/salmon. I think there are chicken breasts, but they are in the chilled section, I suppose I can just freeze them?

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I can't find precooked steaks/burgers/salmon. I think there are chicken breasts, but they are in the chilled section, I suppose I can just freeze them?

You said you wanted stuff you could heat up in the microwave - you didn't mention freezing. Plenty of suggestions for you to work out something for yourself.

D

Deleted member 308541

You will find pre cooked meats in the chilled sections of meat dept's, you can freeze them if you wish.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You will find pre cooked meats in the chilled sections of meat dept's, you can freeze them if you wish.

Thanks but not exactly what I am after.

I am looking for steaks, burgers, chicken wings, salmon that are like grilled/roasted.

So, I should assume there is no such thing in supermarkets? I know there are some burgers that you can put them in the microwave, but they are not that good (typical quarter pounder tasteless burger). There are also some chicken breasts that I could do with, and I am not sure about wings (I think they only do southern fried, which are full of carbs).

D

Deleted member 308541

Thanks but not exactly what I am after.

I am looking for steaks, burgers, chicken wings, salmon that are like grilled/roasted.
We have no problems finding these precooked in our major stores stores.

If you have a Costco near you try, them.