1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

fruit tea's and snack-a-jacks

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Shellx, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Shellx

Shellx Gestational · Member

Are these 'ok' to eat with gestational diabetes? I'm wondering if they effect anyone's sugar levels.

I love fruit tea but the natural sugars in fruit send my readings high, would it be the same for teas? (excuse me if it's a silly Q)

Another thing is snack a jacks are currently on offer, this is the only time I really buy them for myself and I always buy the salt and vinegar or caramel flavour ones. Again, are these ok with anyone else?

Thought I'd ask before stocking up!

2. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

3. rowan

rowan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My favourite teas are green tea with lemon, and chai with just a splash of milk which really tastes far too good to be healthy but it is :D
    Never tried snack a jacks but would love to find a packet of something with low carbs?

4. bopeep12300

bopeep12300 Type 2 · Active Member

I can't eat snack a jacks although I used to love them in my per diabetes days. I find a while after eating them (more so at night), that I get extremely dry mouth & throat. More than usual thirst, it's hard to explain. But only happens when I eat those. Don't know if it's due to the rice they contain. But you can only try & see. Everyone is different.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook