Frustrated!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know almost everyone has been here before, but today I'm frustrated with my BG readings.

I've had 6 days of BG below 9 and was feeling pretty chuffed, but today 2hrs after breakfast I'm at 10.6. I eat a relatively similar breakfast most days so there seems to he no reasoning, just an off day. But I could do without falling asleep at my desk right now!

Bit disheartening when I thought I was finally getting the hang of carb counting correctly!

Oh well. Will re start my mental counter and continue!

Rant over :D

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Its perfectly OK to have a rant because it is not unusual to feel frustrated when we get a blip. We all get the occasional blip and providing we don't give up and keep on caring for ourselves, everything usually irons itself out.
If for some reason it doesn't get back to usual figures, I suggest you look deeper into what might have influenced the upturn in test results; but if it eludes you, then make sure your meter and latest test strips and performing as they should do by using the meter manufacturer's test solution .. usually free from the supplier.

Good luck and please let us all know how you get on :thumbup:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Strangely, pre lunch I was back to 5.1! Clearly my QA had decided to be less quick to work this morning. Obviously wanted to stay in bed like the rest of us

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
10 after meal is not that bad. I have sometimes much worse readings and you got back to 5 so its all good. Maybe that was stress of getting back to work, 'after holiday syndrome' :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ewelina said:
10 after meal is not that bad. I have sometimes much worse readings and you got back to 5 so its all good. Maybe that was stress of getting back to work, 'after holiday syndrome' :)

I wish! In Scotland we don't get bank holiday off so I was up at half 5 as usual yesterday :(

All in all Ive not actually had that hard a time keeping things low. I expect that'll change when the honeymoon period is over though!

mbudzi

Usually, if I have a strange reading, I re-test after washing my hands. This method is a result of having administered a correction dose which wasn't needed - but was nice to eat something naughty to correct the resultant hypo!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha I didn't think of re-testing! I have never taken a correction dose, I prefer to try to walk it off as I don't really trust myself until Ive been on DAFNE. but I didn't even walk this morning!

Oh well. One of those things! Keeps the day interesting I suppose :D

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting...... 3 hours after lunch I'm at 9.5

I had a sandwich and some crisps. Roughly 50g carb, and did 4 units. Doesn't make sense to me!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The same thing happened this morning, up at 9 2.5 hours after breakfast, but down to 5.1 by lunch time. Could it be that my Novorapid isn't so rapid? I started a new thingy on Sunday night (what is the technical term for it? A vial? Pen insert bitty?!). Yesterday It wasn't so bad though. Strange!