frustrating now!

LauraNoraLoo

does anyone have the same problem that i am having at the moment. Im inserting the canula and pressing down on the sticky patch to keep it secure. A few hours pass or in some cases in the space of an hour it has ripped out of my stomach! i sort it out and then the same things happens again. really frusrtating and im going though loads of sets because of it. I do use baby lotion on my skin and some other creams but this shouldnt effect it should it? It has also just started to happen also.
Any suggestions welcome

iHs

The reason why yr sets are not staying stuck is because of the baby lotion most like. If you want to use baby lotion then wipe the area that you are putting the set in with an alcohol swab. That will ensure the adhesive sticks to you.

Instead of baby lotion use Aqueos Cream :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
LauraNoraLoo said:
does anyone have the same problem that i am having at the moment. Im inserting the canula and pressing down on the sticky patch to keep it secure. A few hours pass or in some cases in the space of an hour it has ripped out of my stomach! i sort it out and then the same things happens again. really frusrtating and im going though loads of sets because of it. I do use baby lotion on my skin and some other creams but this shouldnt effect it should it? It has also just started to happen also.
Any suggestions welcome

Yes the baby lotion and creams will cause the cannulas not to stick.
Make sure your skin is oil free before attaching the cannula by using an acohol swab if you have to and then stick down also with some tape.
If it has just started with a certain box though with no different routine, you could have a faulty batch. So just ring your supplier up and explain the problem to them and they should by rights send you a new box.