Frying mushrooms in butter

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Help please.

According to My fitness pal there are 4g of carbs in Fried mushrooms. According to Carbs and Cals book there are 0g.
Which is correct or am I being dense?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Probably 4g is more likely.

D

Deleted Account

Googling “carbs in mushrooms” says 3.3g carbs for 100g white mushrooms.
I guess it depends how many you eat and the type of ‘rooms (google tells me there’s 7g carbs in 100g shiitake mushrooms)

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Previously I had used 4g/100g but Carbs and cals which is often quoted as being user friendly / accurate stated 0 - hence my confusion. A little concerned as while 4g may not be much what other difference's are there and who is correct.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As said above, different sorts of mushrooms will have different carbs. Personally I didn't count any carbs for mine when I was counting, probably because I used carbs & cals. I have never liked myfitnesspal as I found far too many discrepancies, especially if the entry was made by someone outside the UK..

Tesco closed cup ones are negligible at 0.3g per 100g. https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/280046682

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Help please.

According to My fitness pal there are 4g of carbs in Fried mushrooms. According to Carbs and Cals book there are 0g.
I know that raw they are around 0.1 in carbs..Maybe frying them has a higher carb count..Perhaps grill them lol

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It might depend on what they are fried in - butter, oil, other fat. Most often I simply steam-fry in their own water content, when I count 0g for 100g or 1g for 150g or more. Can't explain the frying in butter though, coz that's zero as well. Maybe a simple confusion/mistake on part of whoever put the info in MFP?

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I often have one of the big flat mushrooms with my breakfast. Place on a saucer, remove stalk, replace with a knob of butter, microwave for 2 mins, salt and pepper, bliss! 2g or 0.2g of carbs, who cares?

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Help please.

FP is American. Subtract the fibre from the carbs for the net (true) carb

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FP is American. Subtract the fibre from the carbs for the net (true) carb

But many of the entries are UK ones, which makes it almost impossible to work things out unless there are some indications as to the nationality of the member that entered it. If cup measurements are mentioned, my guess is American. I used to simply ignore the other entries, work my own out from other sources, and enter them as mine. I gave up in the end.

Reactions: Robbity

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
But many of the entries are UK ones, which makes it almost impossible to work things out unless there are some indications as to the nationality of the member that entered it. If cup measurements are mentioned, my guess is American. I used to simply ignore the other entries, work my own out from other sources, and enter them as mine. I gave up in the end.
The entries with a ckeck mark have been verified by MFP as correct according to the USDA.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mushrooms in butter................. lovely, but I do have to include a small amount of insulin for this.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If this thread does anything it highlights the many problems with our information sauces. First the different Countries different measuring standards. Then Mushrooms What Kind ? My advice choose one source for all your carb info stick to it when searching Make sure you enter the Type of mushroom i.e. Straw, Shitake, Button etc. But at the end of the day I wonder do you weigh everything if not if you are given 3 carbs per 100g the actual figure will vary slightly any way multiply this for all you food and no matter how hard we try we will never be 100% accurate so relax and enjoy