Fun with Hula hoops

jumbleannie

For those of you who are thinking of food, forget it. :lol: The hula hoop I mean is the type you used to play with as a kid. I just bought one in an attempt to keep my newly accuired waist, and it is great. Last year at 10st I wouldn't have been able to keep it going, but now at 8st 7lb it is easy. This is my idea of a silver lining to my weight coming off due to my high bs last year. The grandkids think it is amazing that granny can do it too. Street cred and a waist, what more can I ask for. Also a good way to exercise when I have gone a bit overboard on the food. :oops: I eat and then twirl my hoop. Anyone else found their silver linings, or found a fun way to exercise?

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
i have gone on the trampoline with the kids great fun and a good workout i think the hula hoop might be a bit girlie for me :lol: :lol:

jumbleannie

Trampoline's are fun too, but if you think hula hoops are girly try balancing a couple at once. Hard! Still waiting for other sugestions, anybody? :lol:

mullaneder

Dislikes
just bought an inflatable kayak for two people on ebay looking forward to testing it out with the kids, looks great fun :D

mullaneder

Dislikes
took out the kayak at the weekend had a ball and the kids really loved it ,gave me a good workout as well roll on the summer :D dermot

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Were you in a river or on the sea?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
oh lovely, I went over to Waterville a couple of years ago. Kerry is a magic place I thought.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Chasing 14 month old Amelie around my garden yesterday was great execise. I have terraces with steps, so I didn't dare let her get to them without holding my hand. We negotiated those safely and explored down the terraces. Dogs(very small ones) enjoyed having a 2 foot tall playmate on the lawn too. Went inside to get lunch and Amelie managed to trip over her ride-on toy and bump her head. No damage done, but many tears. She brought it in to the kitchen herself. whilst I was cutting up tomato for her. This baby eats almost anything( except brocolli)
Baby minding is hard work, but fun. the best bit of being a much fitter grandma

mullaneder

Dislikes
Administrator said:
oh lovely, I went over to Waterville a couple of years ago. Kerry is a magic place I thought.

im lucky that i dont live that far from kerry ,i stayed in waterville for a few nights a few years ago found it a very relaxing place ,in fact the whole ring of kerry is beautiful, especially the conor pass but it really freaks my wife out .as we say in ireland it would be a great country if only you could roof it :lol: :lol:

sandymaynard

Hi
After reading this about hula hoops, I went out and bought one! I do this with my god daughter once every 4 day's!
Please don't shoot me, I am a low carber but i mean no harm i come in peace! :D
I ahve found that i enjoyed using the hula hoop got worn out quick!
Sandy