1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Funny feeling

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by magjam, Nov 30, 2014.

1. magjam

magjam Type 2 · Member

I don't know if this is anything to do with my diabetes or not. When I was in hospital years ago, I was getting this sensation in my body, and it comes back every now and then.
    It's really difficult to describe - the best I can do is a "thrill" running through my body. It is almost unbearable. You know when you were a kid on Christmas morning, and waiting for your presents? Well, multiply that by four! Anybody else expererience anything like this? I feel wary about asking the doctor about this as it's obviously untestable! (Could it have anything to do with potassium levels?)

2. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No idea what you are talking about but sounds good. Many would pay good money to feel like that!:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snowy12

Snowy12 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I used to get that on cola and when I have a panick attack it's like your body gives you a big surge in adrenalin since I haven't drunk coke for 3 weeks it has stopped.If in doubt and it is worrying you then I would speak to your doctor.Hope you feel better soon and let us know how you get on.
    Take Care Andrea.

4. Geminigirl

Geminigirl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi, I know what you mean, I also get a "belly drop" sensation like yr on a roller coaster. It's worse if I drink too much coffee, I also have an under active thyroid and have anxiety.
    I hope you sort it out soon.mxx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook