Funny stories!

chocoholic

Has anyone any funny stories to tell as a result of having diabetes?
I just thought it would be fun to share a little lightheartedness, as diabetes can be pretty depressing at times.
I don't have anything outrageously funny to share myself though I do recall my husband laughing when I was found out for the count in the bathroom. I came round with paramedics leaning over me and had to go off to hospital and what did I worry about........my blood sugars being really high.......the fact I had to have a drip put into me?....Nope.....I clearly remember saying "You can't take me off to hospital in this condition - I haven't shaved my legs!":oops::D
I was mortified.
Come on, do share your funny stories.I'd love to read 'em.

After years of being in denial I finally sat up and took note and tried really hard, after all the clinic helped to give me a second chance, one day friends asked me out to the pub and I was ever so good, I only drank coca cola and fruit juices/*****tails, not a drop of alcohol, I just got thirstier and thirstier as the evening went on and I was peeing for the nation!

Back home I tested and bg was 28.3 - it never even occurred to me that I might as well have been drinking golden syrup all night, I thought alcohol free was good DOH!!!

ChocFish

Uh oh what happened the anonymous poster is me, chocfish aka Karen - SORRY

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
When I told eldest son I had type two...His reaction,'**** it mother ,now I've a 40% chance of getting it!'So much for caring ehh!

Knowledge is the key to control

Mandarin

I remember my first stomach bug after diganosis, even though I called out the doctor I was not instructed on how to deal with it so my sugars were getting higher and higher. I had a raging thirst and would send my kids to the supermarkent to buy bags of ice so that I could fill a pint glass with it and top it up with water which I would not let out of my sight or allow anyone to take the glass to wash it.
After 2 or 3 days confined to bed and not being able to keep anything (including the water I was drinking) down, I was finally rushed to hospital with ketoacidosis.
As they carried me down stairs to the ambulance I insisted that I took my glass and a fresh bag of ice with me and arrived at the hospital clutching it for dear life.
It was only after I had been settled in a ward and had had the oxygen mask for a few hours that they finally managed to prise my glass and a bag of warm water from me.

Hi Choco, I remember deciding that I would be really good and walk to the hospital for my appointment with the dishy Dr Throb :)- in a pathetic attempt to impress him I decided to wear killer heels!!! Big mistake :( - got to clinic with the biggest throbbing blister on the ball of my foot and I had to explain to 'gorgeous' why I was limping!!! He made it clear that I should wear flat shoes, to which I replied ' Never - your a bloke, what do you know about fashion!!! but please can I have a plaster!!!!

Deb
PS off to see Dr T in a week!! Bring on the fishnets!!!!!!

ChocFish

LOL Debra, this reminds me when I had an appointment with a really dishy doctor. ooohhhh ahem, I spent ages in Boots, then managed to get a Dior advsisor to do my make up and went for a quick lunch before the appointment feeling ever so healthy and just gorgeous looking, the appointment went well I was wondering why this handsome doctor kept looking at me with such a twinkle in his eyes. ooohhh I got all exccited, I asked loads of questions trying to prolong the consultation time, when I left, all excited looking fwd to my next appointment, I nipped to the loo quickly smiled at myself in the mirror and there it was, a huge piece of parsley stuck right over my front teeth, no wonder he had this twinkle he was tryinhg hard not to burst out laughing every time I talked and smiled at him with this dark green blotch over my teeth...oh well never mind, back to the drawing board, anyway he has moved on from that clinic and I dont need to go there any longer anyway.

Am still cringing at that experience though, I am ever so good at making an a s s of myself, a natural talent of mine, I dont even have to try.

Hope all goes well with the fishnets hehehehe, mind you they are lost on some men you know, I wore some for my husband he didnt notice at first then suddenly it hit him and he asked in all seriousness if they ought to be darned!!!

Love
Karen x

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them