gastric surgery vs oral and diet

theonlysbf

Considering gastric (band) surgery non NHS (not obese enough) anyone got a story to tell me post surgery was it worth it, pitfalls, etc.
I have been on a yoyo diet for 30 years, I have tried them all, I have lost weight on most, but never long term I don't have great genes for dieting Jewish / Irish. I have a great job, love life but as I get older these aliments are knocking the shine off. Arthritis in hips, knees and ankles and I take a cocktail of drugs which are all are reflective of my weight.
Mostly got my BG under control (HBA1C 7.1) with the odd bad day but the weight does not shift. So do I try something more drastic or just stick it out. I would love to hear from someone who has done it. Good Or Bad
Thanks for reading my rant

Gary

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Gary
You might be interested to read a gastric band diary written by helen louise. You could also contact her by PM to see how she is getting on now. Here is the link to her diary

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33003#p310180

LesleyAnne2

Am sorry to say that a friend who had it done, after 5 years is back at her starting weight. The first three years she did fantastically but now it's all back :(
I don't believe there are quick fixes, you have to change your diet for life and take it off slowly.
Lesley

mickey121

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My wife has had a gastric band by hypnotherapy and it works for her , if it is done by a good hypnotherapist it should include a few sessions which will affect the way you see your relationship with food

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App