Gastroenteritis

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, not sure if I'm posting this in the right section sorry, I started feeling unwell yesterday and knew within a couple of hours it was gastroenteritis, I know because in the last few years I've had it at least 2-3 times a year, surely this isn't normal? I know my immune system is weaker due to diabetes but I've never known anyone have this so often! So I guess I'm asking if any of you do? I only had it 2 weeks ago! I'm phoning the doctors when they open at 8:30 but just wanted to know if anyone has been in the same boat, I'm at my wits end
Also scares me with me being pregnant too.

ExD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My diabetic (type 2) husband has it at the moment, in fact all our family have had it except me. He's eaten nothing for the last 2 days but seems a little better this morning. He couldn't even keep water down at one point and the whole house smells sour and stinks of vomit. You have my sympathy.
You are right to be worried and you really must emphasise to your GP how frequently you're having this problem and how worried you are about the consequences to the baby. I have read somewhere that some people have a bug in their system which is so persistent that it needs antibiotics to flush it out, whilst this may need careful monitering because of the baby, it may be something that should be looked at. I think the bug is called something like helligobacter pylori - but don't quote me on this, someone on this forum will know the correct name I'm sure.
Your condition is serious and needs attention.