Genteel lancet device

Bill1963

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone have seen on another site that Dr Bernstein is recommending the use of the Genteel lancet device. Just wondering if anyone has used it ?

Reactions: 2 people

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a quick look on the internet. $129.00? Perhaps for a child? I wonder why he recommends that?:rolleyes:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone have seen on another site that Dr Bernstein is recommending the use of the Genteel lancet device. Just wondering if anyone has used it ?

Well, mine doesn't swear or cuss, if that counts..........

Reactions: 6 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Seriously, I don't think it's available in the UK . I suspect it's similar to the one called " Comfort", or something that sounds like a fabric conditioner ;) that claims to be less painful .

It's never been a problem for me, being well hard :p so I've not investigated it as you can tell :rolleyes:

Signy

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would love to be able to afford this. It says there is international shipping available. Maybe I'll start saving up, or ask for it for my birthday in June. :)

My podiatrist's office uses the Comfort lancet, but they are disposables. That could get really pricy.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It does make it sound like a lot of type twos are wusses, when you listen to the radio interview on the website! Frankly having a lancing device that requires a payment plan seems to me to be something aimed squarely at insurance companies....

Maybe I'm just to inert when it comes to the pain of lancing, because diabetes hurts, don't you know...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Not heard of them, but the best lancet is the one that you find most comfortable to use, the Multiclix lancets (made by Accu-Chek) are really good and as it has 6 lancets per drum you don't have to keep changing it after every bg test.

jennyw1976

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a Genteel. I'm newly diagnosed and have a fear of needles, so the genteel lancing device has particularly been a life send for me. I heard about it from a mother in FB diabetes group whose daughter hated testing because of the sting. I ordered it on their website, and got it in less than two weeks. Best money I've spent so far. Genteel is definitely a "luxury" item but I'm now testing more often than before - so I feel the cost is worth it. I think it must've been a subconscious thing (not lancing) as I'm still getting used to having to test my BG.

FYI: It uses generic lifescan lancets "J&J OneTouch UltraSoft" which I found good so I didn't have to reorder specific lancets from a US based company.

Hope that helps xo

bwoo1978

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a Genteel. I'm newly diagnosed and have a fear of needles, so the genteel lancing device has particularly been a life send for me. I heard about it from a mother in FB diabetes group whose daughter hated testing because of the sting. I ordered it on their website, and got it in less than two weeks. Best money I've spent so far. Genteel is definitely a "luxury" item but I'm now testing more often than before - so I feel the cost is worth it. I think it must've been a subconscious thing (not lancing) as I'm still getting used to having to test my BG.

FYI: It uses generic lifescan lancets "J&J OneTouch UltraSoft" which I found good so I didn't have to reorder specific lancets from a US based company.

Hope that helps xo

ha! what a random thread. I just read about this on David Mendosa's blog. He recommended it in a podcast/blog I believe. I was just looking at one for my t2 daughter. I went to their webpage, and this video cracked me up. I'll need to think more about it as it's $100~ or so.

sir_gary

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
handsome little guy! :)

ha! what a random thread. I just read about this on David Mendosa's blog. He recommended it in a podcast/blog I believe. I was just looking at one for my t2 daughter. I went to their webpage, and this video cracked me up. I'll need to think more about it as it's $100~ or so.

iHs

The One touch Delica is one of the best finger pricker lancets that Ive used so far. I don't prick my finger tips very much any more and tend to use the front of my fingers below the nail bed. Only needs a prick setting of 1 or 2 and that's enough to draw a droplet sufficient to go on yr average teststrip.

P

pollensa

Hello there,

Yes I have, I purchased it here in Mallorca, it is absolutely fantastic, its painless, you can test wherever you want the palm hand, top or inside of arm, above the knee, there is different colour gradings for the depth of testing, I only use the one, which you can use anywhere and also continue to test on finger as well.

It functions as a Suction its amazing, you dont have to squeeze fingers anymore and you dont have sore fingers or zones anymore, well I dont anyway. East to use, stylish and a most wonderful technique of testing ones blood sugar.

Once you have tried it, you wont go back to anything else in my personal opinion, its not cheap, but when no pain, or sore fingers its worth it Yes?

Hope this assists,

Mallorca

Reactions: Gabrielle_Tai

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there,

Yes I have, I purchased it here in Mallorca, it is absolutely fantastic, its painless, you can test wherever you want the palm hand, top or inside of arm, above the knee, there is different colour gradings for the depth of testing, I only use the one, which you can use anywhere and also continue to test on finger as well.

It functions as a Suction its amazing, you dont have to squeeze fingers anymore and you dont have sore fingers or zones anymore, well I dont anyway. East to use, stylish and a most wonderful technique of testing ones blood sugar.

Once you have tried it, you wont go back to anything else in my personal opinion, its not cheap, but when no pain, or sore fingers its worth it Yes?

Hope this assists,

Mallorca

I want one also.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
I think at that price it's called a Libre. My ISP blocks me from going to the site as it's apparently infected with Spyware.