Get involved: Royal Holloway, University of London study on Creation and Sharing on Diabetes Online

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We are looking for interview participants for a study on “Knowledge Creation and Sharing on Diabetes Online Communities”. The study is led by Dr Roberta Bernardi and Dr Philip Wu from Royal Holloway, University of London in collaboration with Diabetes.co.uk.

The interviewer will ask you questions about how you participate and share knowledge in the online forum of Diabetes.co.uk and how you use this knowledge in managing your health. The interview should last no longer than 60 minutes and can be either face-to-face or over Skype/phone depending on circumstances.

Please comment on this thread if you are interested and we will get in touch to give more information about the study and arrange a suitable time for the interview.

Want to get involved? Leave a message here or PM with your email address. Thanks!

Edit: This is acknowledge that @RobyJaxx is one of the lead researchers on this piece of work, and is thereby approved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For anyone interested, I took part, a few weeks ago now, in a focus group for this piece of work and there's nothing intrusive involved at all, and it's a great opportunity to get involved in potentially making a change. I imagine the 1:1 participation would be similar.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I like to talk, my wife says too much, so would be happy to.

Reactions: DCUKMod

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure I've been here long enough to talk about this forum specifically (though in the 7 days I've been aware of it, it HAS helped me immensely) but I'm very happy to take part.

Reactions: RobyJaxx

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm not sure I've been here long enough to talk about this forum specifically (though in the 7 days I've been aware of it, it HAS helped me immensely) but I'm very happy to take part.
That is great, thank you! Your participation to the study will be very valuable. Please send me a Private Message and I will give you more details about the study.

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Our study report is out! You can read more about our findings and download the findings report at this link. Thanks to all members of the forum that participated to the study! :)

Reactions: geefull