Getting drugs mixed up ? ( they now look the same)

Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my new batch of Propranolol , and now instead of them being pink , they are the same size and colour as my Metformin tablets ....... Why do the drug companies do this ? I will have to be careful not to overdose ! this could easily be done . I dish out the weeks worth in 7 day pill pot strip , and I now have to really examine whats what ! Can I request a certain colour from the pharmacist / Dr ? I might have to put ink dots on them ! lol , Frustrating !! ;)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
It depends on the individual manufacturers what colour they make the tablets I'm afraid, most pharmacies will buy the cheapest option, that's why tablets change so often:grumpy:. I'd suggest getting another of the pill boxes, they are a quid in Poundland, just put the initials M and P on top.:)

Reactions: 2 people

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my new batch of Propranolol , and now instead of them being pink , they are the same size and colour as my Metformin tablets ....... Why do the drug companies do this ? I will have to be careful not to overdose ! this could easily be done . I dish out the weeks worth in 7 day pill pot strip , and I now have to really examine whats what ! Can I request a certain colour from the pharmacist / Dr ? I might have to put ink dots on them ! lol , Frustrating !! ;)
yes same here, pink Propranolol for 20+ years then they turn up in my prescription pack all white and sneaky looking exactly like my statins. My brains not having it, it wants pink after twenty years of training.

Reactions: 2 people