Getting full license back?

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am on a 3 year license as I was using insulin to control my diabetes. I am now diet controlled and want to reapply for a full (longer) license again. I am going round in circles on the DVLA website and every link I click on goes where I don't want to go.

Has anybody done this and what did you do?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Can you wait until your 3 year license comes up for renewal ? - your doc will then have the opportunity to tell DVLA that you don't use insulin anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am on a 3 year license as I was using insulin to control my diabetes. I am now diet controlled and want to reapply for a full (longer) license again. I am going round in circles on the DVLA website and every link I click on goes where I don't want to go.

Has anybody done this and what did you do?

You could always call the DVLA? The worst they can suggest is as urbanracer suggests, as I can't think the "limited" license is impeding you in any way at the moment?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Write them a letter with your driver number and medical reference no. on it explaining you are no longer on insulin, they will send loads of forms back and write to your GP so it will take a while to do so. Might be a better option to download the Db1 or what ever it's called and write no on the insulin question and enclose with your letter.