Getting that funny feeling

andymint

Hi there people, ( male 41, 5'11 .. 12 stone )

Im a T2 recently joind forum and got some good advice ( thanks )........ anyway a question please

My BG levels have significantly dropped due to 3 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 80mg glicazide.. which is helped by a good low carb diet. running around 5.5 6.5 now for the last week... compared to being around 10 -12 and sometimes much much more !

The point i have.. is i was diagnosed at end of Dec 08 when my average was 12.5 and i had been running about like this for dear knows how long....... so for example

i have noticed my NEW MEDICATED DIET levels can drop to around 4.4, but i seem to become shakey, and feel totally strange......prob as im heading too low for what i am used too. so firstly .

What should i do to slightly raise it and not over -react to a possibly hypo ?...
Secondly will my body get used to this new lower level and this will stop happening ?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Andy,your body will get used to the lower levels.Various things are suggested on the forum for hypos from jelly babies to lucazade.You can also buy dextrose tabs from the chemist to keep in your pocket.

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
andymint said:
Hi there people, ( male 41, 5'11 .. 12 stone )

Im a T2 recently joind forum and got some good advice ( thanks )........ anyway a question please

My BG levels have significantly dropped due to 3 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 80mg glicazide.. which is helped by a good low carb diet. running around 5.5 6.5 now for the last week... compared to being around 10 -12 and sometimes much much more !

The point i have.. is i was diagnosed at end of Dec 08 when my average was 12.5 and i had been running about like this for dear knows how long....... so for example

i have noticed my NEW MEDICATED DIET levels can drop to around 4.4, but i seem to become shakey, and feel totally strange......prob as im heading too low for what i am used too. so firstly .

What should i do to slightly raise it and not over -react to a possibly hypo ?...
Secondly will my body get used to this new lower level and this will stop happening ?
As well as your body slowly adjusting to your better levels, I suspect that you are still experiencing quite high numbers at your peak after some meals. Therefore you may be going too high then dropping rapidly to the good (not low) 4.4, and the speed of that drop can cause those symptoms too.

Do some testing to find when you are peaking, then use that timing to adjust your menu.

These will explain that in more detail:
Finding your peak
Test, Review Adjust