giving back

Galen1595

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm a 11 T1D. how can I help other diabetics?? this has been a very difficult question to answer and I have only heard about diabetes camps, but even those aren't that common. What can I do? the hardest time to have diabetes is probably when your're a teenager, at least it was for me. How can I tell them it gets better, it's not because you're broken?

Reactions: 2 people

Galen1595

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
that's supposed to say I've been T1D for 11 years. proof read, everybody :)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
there are many ways to give back.
the obvious one is to continue supporting people on this forum.
After that you could try looking to see if there is a Diabetes local group in your area.

possibly getting involved in fundraising for Diabetes is another way to give something back.

I now notice you are in the USA -- there will be support groups and fundraising opportunities if you look.

all the best !

Last edited by a moderator:

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm T2 and have no personal knowledge of T1 but I do think your attitude is admirable and rare. The world needs more folk like you. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I'm T2 and have no personal knowledge of T1 but I do think your attitude is admirable and rare. The world needs more folk like you. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Seconded. Really lovely to read this.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Galen1595 - I think one way you can give back is to be active and supportive on this forum. There a lot of newly diagnosed diabetics and also many T1 teenagers who find their way here who could probably benefit from your experience. Support doesn't always need to be face to face, and some people may prefer anonymous.

Good luck,
Robbity

Reactions: 2 people