Gliclazide - cause of severe heat/flushes in the head?

carophie04

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am T2 for around 3 years now and been on 3 x 500 SR Metformin. However about 3 months ago my Bs readings had gone up so Gliclazide 80 mg was added. Since then I have been having the most horrendous "hot flushes" from the neck up into my head on and off all day. It is driving me mad as making me lose confidence because I am worried why the heat and sweating in the head is happening and what it is doing. Has anyone else had this reaction to Gliclazide? I can't think of anything else that could have brought this on. My average reading at the moment are 6.5 early morning and 7 - 7.5 evening.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I've never taken this med but if you believe the symptoms are side effects, then it's a good idea to go back to your doctor/nurse and ask to try a different med. If it's not a side effect, then I would get it looked into anyway.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Gliclazide doesn't normaly have noticeable side effects but there will always be exceptions. Does the leaflet list these symptoms?