stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hello

Is the any evidence that Giclazide can actually increase blood sugar readings, reading my earlier posts most will see that i have never had control of my levels and i still do not , My nurse increased my Gliclazide to 240 last week and my sugar levels before bed were 17.6 and at 2.30 in the morning after i awoke needing to go to the toilet it was 20.6 and this morning at 6am was 15.8, i have tested most of the day and the lowest i have had is 13.2, i cannot get me head around how my HbA1c is now 7.3 down from just over 9 can anyone offer any explanation as i cannot get one from my Gp Surgery

Cheers
Stillo

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Stillo

I have not come across gliclazide increasing blood sugar. While your HbA1c is not very high, you need to avoid such large spikes. Perhaps one of the newer diabetes medications, such as exenatide, liraglutide or dapaglifozin, might be helpful - along with metformin to assist insulin sensitivity.

Regards

Doug

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Thank you Doug

Taking Metformin is completely out of the question i have suffered with Helicobactor Pylori for the last few years and i have just been treated for it Metformin put me in hospital last Year and i will not go there again,

I Will give it another week or so and see what happens

Cheers
Stillo

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What sort of weight are you. It looks like you may be a candidate for insulin or one of the other injectables shortly? An HBa1C is near the 7.5 level at which a decision should be made if the tablets aren't working adequately. I'm guessing a bit but those sugar levels are too high. I had the same problem on three tablets and had to move over to insulin which has made a vast difference, so do discuss it with the GP/DN if things don't improve.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Have you tried pioglitazone to increase insulin sensitivity if taking metformin us not possible?

Regards

Doug