mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi, I have the Gluco RX Nexus TD-4277 blood glucose monitor. Couple of questions. I have LGV license which I know I will lose but I would like to get back. I have seen on a few previous posts that one of the provisions is that I supply 3 months worth of data which cannot be deleted. My monitor has a delete function. So, would this data be sufficient. Secondly, they don't come with USB cable. I went onto the Nexus website and it said I can request one through DiME ? I have no clue who this is ! Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got the same monitor.

Yes you can delete the data but as far as I know you can only delete all of it and not individual readings. So you should be able to produce three months of data. That's my assumption as I've only just notified DVLA of my insulin control for diabetes.

The USB cable is nothing special. I use the one I've got for connecting my Nokia phone to my pc. You'll get one at the likes of PC World or Currys type stores. You shouldn't need to worry as I reckon your GP will have his own cable.
You can download software for the TD-4277 from the Gluco RX website if you want to download your own data. I downloaded it and it's quite good - you can print reports of your data with a graph. Here's the link http://www.glucorx.net/products/software/ Download the driver and the software.

Good luck

Jim

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No problem :)

List of features on the website states: •Large memory - 1000 readings stored especially suitable for Diabetic drivers complying with DVLA guidelines.

So it's fine :thumbup:

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mo1905,

If you do go onto insulin, discuss this with your Consultant as they will be the one that analyses the downloaded readings and fills your form in.
I had a meter that would store enough readings (although did not do more than 30 days averages when you check the actual meter) and would download 6 months of data but the Consultant said that was no good to them and that I should have the Accucheck Mobile as that is the one they have the software for downloading for. It gives averages of 90 on the screen as well as averages of before meals / after meals etc. It does not need a cable either for them to download as they have a reader that just like scans it at the side behind where the lancet slots on.

Hope this helps
Angie

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
mo1905 said:
Hi, I have the Gluco RX Nexus TD-4277 blood glucose monitor.

Hmmm, on reflection I should have asked whether you bought the Nexus or whether you were given it by your diabetes practitioner. :oops:
I was given mine by my diabetes nurse and she knows I drive as she gave me info on telling DVLA etc... With that in mind I presume my GP will be able to use the Nexus for getting my data. I will check on my next visit next month.

So if you bought your monitor you best check with your diabetes team if they can use the Nexus.

Jim

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Yes Jim, got it from nurse but she did tell me to check with hospital to ensure they can download software. Thanks again buddy !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App