GlucoRx Nexus meter

Ria

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I was diagnosed type 2 just before Christmas and was given this meter by my DN last month. I have been trying to get it to communicate with my computer. It refuses to do so when I use Windows 7 but when I use it on same computer running Windows XP under VMware it communicates fine. glucoXR kindly send me their latest meter the Nexus mini, but this too refuses to work under Windows 7. Anyone else had problems?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you go to this link http://www.glucorx.net/products/software/ you can download the driver and software for your meter. I did this and it works fine on my windows 7. The software is quite good and you can print off reports with a graph.

Jim :)

PS If you use the software I would recommend you set the Personal Settings [Personal Information and Measurement Intervals] before downloading the data from your machine.

Ria

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jim. I did download their software and driver but it steadfastly refuses to communicate when I use windows 7. As I said before, using the same computer but running Windows xp in a virtual machine works fine. My windows7 is 64 bit.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I don't use the computer with my meter, but I have kept with XP as everyone I know who went to Windows 7 found it inferior.
I'm a bit of a Luddite I think. I still think Windows 3.1 was the best platform.
Hana

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ria said:
My windows7 is 64 bit.

Mine's 64-bit so I'm stumped :crazy:

I do remember having trouble with windows security not liking the software download when I chose "Run". It eventually downloaded when I chose "Save" and then ran the "setup" file from my downloads folder.

Sorry I couldn't help :(

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I use this meter for the same reason as you, seems fine and I love the graph and stuff on the computer, I use Xp and it works fine with the ps3 charger lead, sry no help from me :(9